01 warrior 350 NO SPARK! PLS HELP! - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-23-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I recently baught a warrior 350 and the owner told me he rode it then shut it off and went to ride again in the same day and no spark. I put a New stator in it. He had put a brand New ignition coil and cdi in it as well. I tested the kill switch and I also tried bypassing the clutch safety switch and nothing. Battery is freshly charges too. I also put a new spark plug in it. This is one of my first atv's that I've owned. I feel like I tried everything PLS HELP ME, THANS

Last edited by Adudz; 06-24-2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-24-2019, 11:04 AM

Garage
so it turns over and has no spark? check your grounds first. then you will need to test all the electrical components. just because they are new does not mean they are good, especially if you used the cheap ebay crap. if that all tests good check all of the plugs for a good connection. if those are good you will need to pull the harness and inspect it for shorts. there is no short cut to electrical problems you have to go step by step. order yourself the clymer manual and get your self a good meter and start ruling stuff out.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Ill check everything again, the only thing i havent done so far is pull the harness so ill do that and get back to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-02-2019, 08:50 PM

you cannot test the kill switch, just disconnect it. you need to say what year there are many wiring setups.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-03-2019, 10:04 AM

Garage
He does say the year right in the title. 01. Tom you can test any switch. Why would you say that? The only switch you can simply unplug on a warrior is the parking brake switch and it has nothing to do with spark. The only electrical component you cant test ( because there are no published specs) is the cdi . it is said to be faulty when everything else tests good. I suspect that one of his new parts are bad but that is hard to determine until the wiring is proven good

Last edited by cory52000; 07-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-03-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Checked the harness and a couple spots had electrical tape but I took them off and put new tape on everything is connected correctly and not touching so I still don't know
post #7 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Garage
so you tested all of the components with an ohm meter and they were in spec?
post #8 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM

Kill switches on bikes and ATVs short out the HV, so when they are running there can easily be 200 volts on the switch. It may test fine with a dc ohm meter but not run because of corrosion, dirt, etc. So what I should say is you cannot reliably test a kill switch. I make and sell new CDis for Yamaha and have seen this several times when a new CDI does not fix a no spark because of this.

Last edited by tom bauer; 07-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in