I really need some jetting help - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

I really need some jetting help

I have an 01 warrior, I wanted to wake the bike up a bit and installed a K&N with clamp kit as well as removed the airbox lid. For the life of me I cant get it dialed in, I live at 1300ft and based on dynojet with what I had done on the bike the instructions stated install their needle valve and set on position 4, as well as install main jet DG146 and set fuel screw at 2.5 turns. Bike is now difficult to start and has a hanging idle, if I blip the throttle it takes several seconds to saddle back down to a reasonable rpm, replaced plug and turned fuel screw out another half turn which seemed to minimize the hanging rpm but pulled my plug after idling about 10 minutes and just putting around and it was clean with a white tip. Main jet circuit seems okay it has good power and doesnt seem to cut out. The fuel screw seems to have very little affect on idle now, only way to lower it is with idle adjustment screw. Dynojet swore I didnt need to up the pilot but I think that's my issue, ordered a 45 and am hoping that helps the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-20-2019, 11:33 AM

Garage
its sounds like you are lean but its hard to tell on such a short run.
if the air mix screw has little or no effect suspect a carb problem, dirty, or put together incorrectly. you should not be adjusting the idle with the air mix screw, turn it in until it almost dies, then turn it out until it almost dies and set it in the middle. then use the idle screw to adjust the idle.
if you did not change the pipe it is unlikely you will feel much difference you no matter how much air fuel mix you try to put in if the pipe is constricted it wont flow. think dumping to much liquid into a funnel.
check your throttle cable free play for the hanging idle.
dynojet kits are ok but you have to use 100% dynojet parts you cant mix and match they use a propitiatory system that wont mix with factory.j
does it run any better with the choke on or half on?
was it running good before you took the carb apart?
did you check the float level?
put the air box lid back on and let me know if that changes anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode