Modifications for 2013 Raptor350 - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Question Modifications for 2013 Raptor350

Hi Everyone,

I have a stock raptor 350. Just recently decided I wanted to do a little customization and modding to it. I do a lot of trail riding and some open field riding. I ride with my friends who have a 700r and 400ex big bore.

I just added a HMF exhaust slip-on with a K&N Air Filter and I noticeably saw that my first gear and 2nd gear were a lot quicker than before the mods. Is there anything else I can do to make it any quicker or faster to keep up with the 400ex big bore or should this be fine.

Please let me know what you would suggest doing on top of what i've done. So far those 2 things have been the only things i've done.

I've Also been reading that I can go from a 13 tooth front sprocket to a 12 tooth and still keep the rear at 38tooth to help be a little quicker. Has anyone done this at all? Open to suggestions

Im also looking for suggestions on good tires. Im not a fan of the rounded stock tires that are on so looking for a more square trail riding tire. Been looking into the ITP or Maxis

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2019, 02:39 PM

Garage
open up the air box and add a jet kit. if you go beyond that you will start to loose reliability. you can only get so much out of an air cooled 350. as far as the gearing goes. i dropped all of mine to a 12 in the front but i only ran in the sand. you will gain a lot on the bottom end and lose some top speed. on tight trails you will have less shifting. the split between 1 and 2 is wider than between 2 and 3. with the small gear in the tight stuff you will be able to split 2 and instead of 1 and 2 and you will run a little cooler. you will hate it in the open fields. if you are going to a smaller flatter track style tire as opposed the the taller off road tires you may not need to regear and my find a 12 way to small. if you jet and do the air box you should be able to hang with the ex all day but no amount of money is going to make your little 350 hang with that raptor.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory52000 View Post
open up the air box and add a jet kit. if you go beyond that you will start to loose reliability. you can only get so much out of an air cooled 350. as far as the gearing goes. i dropped all of mine to a 12 in the front but i only ran in the sand. you will gain a lot on the bottom end and lose some top speed. on tight trails you will have less shifting. the split between 1 and 2 is wider than between 2 and 3. with the small gear in the tight stuff you will be able to split 2 and instead of 1 and 2 and you will run a little cooler. you will hate it in the open fields. if you are going to a smaller flatter track style tire as opposed the the taller off road tires you may not need to regear and my find a 12 way to small. if you jet and do the air box you should be able to hang with the ex all day but no amount of money is going to make your little 350 hang with that raptor.
Great Thanks For your input. Yea I already knew I wasn't going to hang with the other raptor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode