2000 Warrior no start - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

2000 Warrior no start

I recently bought my first warrior as a project, it didn’t have a wiring harness on it but I received the old one and a new one from the previous owner. After wiring everything up and pressing the start button nothing happens. It has a new:
CDI box
Rectifier
Battery
Ignition coil
Spark plug
Killswitch
Stator
Starter solenoid
I have found a couple of wiring diagrams and everything matches up. Has anyone been able to find a good diagram and what else can I do to narrow down the problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Garage
the clymer manuals have great wiring diagrams. first you have to insure all of your electronics are from the same generation. second if you bought any Chinese knock off ebay specials you need to make sure they are not bad out of the box, the cheap cdis and stators are notorious for being bad out of the box. if nothing happens when you hit the button
1 do you have power to the button
2 is the clutch pulled in or the machine in neutral
3 is the clutch and neutral safety switch operational
4 when you hit the button do you have power to the start realy ( not the same as the solenoid)
5 when you hit the button do you have power to the small wire attached to the solenoid, i cant remember if its the red or the blue that should have the power.
6 can you jump between the big lugs on the solenoid and get it to start
do you have a neutral light or head lights when you turn on the key
7 is the fuse good
8 there is a small red and a small black wire that run from the battery cables and plug into the harness, are they in place.
long story short you need to start at the battery and using the diagram follow the power until it stops and fix that. if the "new"harness was not brand new you will need to checkit for shots before you do anything else
post #3 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

The cdi box is for a 1996. Could that be keeping it from starting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Garage
yes. if the rest of the electronics are from the 2000 you would need a cdi from a 97 to 2001

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode