To Buy A Warrior Or To Keep Looking.. - Yamaha ATV Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cory52000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-06-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

To Buy A Warrior Or To Keep Looking..

I've recently been given that "bug" for quads. I've never really been interested in them until I rode my friend's built Blaster and 400ex. Now I have to have my own.
I was really considering a Warrior because of how cheap they are, their reliability, and the fact they have a reverse gear. I'm just wanting to go ride around on trails and a local creek with my friends so I'm not too concerned about speed.

Would you guys recommend the Warrior as a good "beginner" quad for me? And if so, what are some things I should look for when buying one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-07-2018, 12:12 PM

Garage
i think they are a great machine very reliable and easy to ride and parts are cheap. i had 3 of them before i moved up. if i was riding trails i might still have them but i only ride the quads in the sand and the warriors are a little under powered for regular sand duty, dont get me wrong they will take you up all but the steepest stuff just not as fast and fun as the yfz. buy it right, ride it until its time to upgrade and sell it for what you paid for it. the value on these machine is pretty stable right now around 1200 bucks or so
post #3 of 4 Old 09-07-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Hey! Thanks for the response!
Does the Warrior have any known problems I should keep an eye out for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Garage
not really the stators seem to go out more than other machines but not so often its a problem. just make sure its clean so you can give it a good inspection and that the wiring harness is untouched. if someone has been hacking on it just walk away. look at the plug and check the oil
Ethan.300zx likes this.

Tags
350, trails, warrior, yamaha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode