Blue Traxx Forum banner

89 warrior stator wiring issue

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  tom bauer 
#1 ·
i have an 89 warrior. some of the wires on the stator side have come out af the connector. I have 3 pins on both stator and harness side connectors but 4 wires. th 4 wires coming from the stator all go to the crank sensors. do 2 of the wires get tied together into one pin in the connector? the wire colors are of course faded to pretty much white. i can see a green and a blue. the other 2 look like a white and a yellow i think. any help would be much appreciated, the 2 single wires are still connected and the 3 wire connector with 3 whites for the charging system are in tact. have a clymer manual...diagram kinda sucks. not much help here, only shows 3 wires i have 4 to deal with thanks!:shrug:

#5 ·
those are the wires that i have already connected. its the other 4 wires in a 4 cavity connecor that only has 3pins in it that go to the cdi box that i am confused about. thanks for the help. it is confusing and hard to desribe, much easier to show someone but cant happen s easily

#6 ·
If I folow you correctly, the 4 wires should be; red - white/green - blue - yellow is this what you see at the cdi box? I belive if I'm seeing this right.....the 2 that go together are the blue and yellow, hence the 3 pin. I know theres more wires than that at the cdi, but those are the ones from the stator/pick up coil. I'm reading a schematic for the 89 warrior. Thats where I'm getting my info at this point. I'm usually pretty good with schematics.

#7 ·
thanks, will give that a shot. i work at a ford dealership and read wiring diagrams all day long, just the one that i have for this warrior only shows 3 wires in the scematic and i have four to deal with. pretty sure the 2 signal return wires for the cdi box from the pick ups will be routed together and the signal wires will be separate for individual signals from two different sensors of course. was just trying to get some insight from someone who knows atvs better than I do. cars and diesel trucks....yes atvs and dirtbikes....no thanks for everyones help will let everyone know how it works out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.