Blue Traxx Forum banner

1999 Yamaha Wolverine 350

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hookedonriding 
#1 ·
Good morning everyone, I'm new to this site ( I've been lurking quite awhile to try and figure out my issue) I've done some searching, which led me to fix my initial problem, which was the parking brake sensor. I now have another issue. I just want to give the run down so maybe you guys/gals can help me out. I have a 1999 wolverine 350 4x4. It hasn't ran in 4+ years. I got tired of looking at it and decided to fix it. I decided to buy a new carb. I was sent the wrong one. Its for a Yamaha Big Bear 350 (YFM350). So instead of sending it back I decided to use it. I also ended up buying the correct intake manifold for it. Everything after that bolted up fine. After removing the parking brake sensor it now idles perfect. I can actually ride it some. Now here's my issue. When I crank it, I have to give it a little gas for it to crank up. Then when its running I cant go past half throttle or it starts bogging down. Does anyone have a clue as to what my problem is? Thanks in advance

#3 ·
it might be your fuel mixture if you look on the side of the carb there should be a rod with a spring try to twist it to the right and see if it starts better also check your air filter and see if it is clean or see if there is an air filter some wont run without an air filter also after all that time did you check your fuel filter and if there is any old gas drain it and put new gas in also after each time you ride turn your fuel off and let it idle until it cuts off to make sure you dont have any fuel left in the carb bowl if you dont do this your carb could get gunked up

#4 ·
I'm not sure about the jet sizes between the wolverine and the big bear but if the carb's are jetted differently you could be running rich . Have you checked the spark plug after running it so see what color it is that will point you in a general direction at least and just saying if it sat for that long a new plug definitely will not hurt. what you should do(if you have the old one and time) is take the carb off and look at the jets in the old vs the new to make sure there any where near each other. What motoman14 said check air filter, make sure carb is clean, and I would hope your nut using 4yr old gas lol. But I'm pretty sure that rod your talking about is the idle control not for the a/f ratio that should be I little flat head right on the carb. Well I'm not a know it all so don't quote me on any of this just my 2c, I'm sure someone that knows what there talking about will chime in soon, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.