250 raptor wont start using starter - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

250 raptor wont start using starter

Hey guys I have I 2008 250 raptor that won't start using the starter I can push start it and it starts very easily I bought it new for my daughter about a year ago it started started getting hard to start got to where it would not crank over at all with starter so I replace starter same results he tries to crank but will not crank motor over so I replace starter again then I replaced battery three times getting the highest cranking amp battery I can find now I have replaced wiring and solenoids I can take spark plug out it will crank over just fine put the spark plug in it will not crank please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Garage
make sure all of your grounds are good. tip the machine up on its side slightly so you dont loose the oil and take the stator cover off and see if you can turn it over eaisly with the nut on the end of the crank. it could be your starter clutch. did you hear any grinding or rough sounds before it quit. it is possible if you are using a cheap ebay starter you got a second bad one. not trying to be smart but there is a lot of confusion between crank and start. confirming with the plug out the motors spins and makes a good spark. with the plug in the motor will not spin at all or it spins and wont start. this will help me pick a path to start with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode