Blue Traxx Forum banner

Riding in El Paso, TX

13K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  alaxjordan0 
#1 ·
Looking for places to ride in El paso, TX. I'm not that much into riding on soft duney sand, but it is fun at times. Trail riding is my more my thing, on most hard pack hilly areas. This are just the areas I know of, cause I live on the East side of town. So, lets see what else ya'll know of out in El Paso.

Places I know about:
-Red Sands: Upper area (appx 1x.5) 31°49'8.01"N 106° 8'8.44"W Lower area (appx .6x.6) 31°47'52.17"N 106° 8'49.52"W. Big soft sand dunes. Some trail/dirt roads but a lot of the trails are really woopy.
-East-Southeast of the SAC: (appx 6 sqm) 31°42'31.51"N 106°14'37.88"W. Some soft dunes, mostly hard pack trails and hills. Great area to ride, but new city ordinances have closed off some of that area.
-South of the East side of Mountain Shadow Lake/Lake El Paso: (.14x.14 sqm) 31°41'35.83"N 106° 1'44.49"W. Soft dune sand, hard pack dirt roads for trail riding.
-Open Desert Area: (appx 42 sqm) 31°44'48.46"N 106°10'17.02"W. Great area for trail riding, hard pack and some soft sand dirt roads. The area is a huge lay out area for city neighborhoods.

#2 · (Edited)
Looking For Non Hot Doggers To Ride With

Hi, my husband and I have been quading here in El Paso for about 2 years. We arent into the fast sand dune stuff either. We prefer more, like you, trail riding, taking our time, enjoying the scenery, taking pictures, etc. I think we have been to all the places you have listed if they were all east of El Paso.

We have also been a couple of times to the Robleto Mountains over by Las Cruses, NM riding. Big open country there, see for miles, great views. Looking forward to going back there when the weather cools off.

Last weekend we went to Bluff Falls southeast of Cloudcroft, NM, camped overnight and rode the trails there. There are approximately 75 miles of quading trails there from easy to difficult. One instance on a moderate trail we did use the winch on my quad to pull me through a spot I didnt feel comfortable trying. There was great scenery, the falls was running and streams were flowing. Got rained on some but not enough to spoil the weekend. Maps of these trails can be gotten at the new ranger station just outside of Cloudcroft, NM.
We will definitely be going back here. The forest is not open to camp fires in all area now I think.

Both of the places I spoke of above have rocky trails and dirt road type tracks to follow, great scenery and overlooks. During wet weather as was this last weekend, the Bluff Falls trails will have some mud and or water holes to go through as well. Took the quads to the car wash when we got back. lol

We have also been over to Kilbournes Hole west of El Paso. There was some nice trails of dirt and sand there to ride.

My husband and I are looking for folks that like this type of qauding; trail riding with easy to moderate challenges, maybe harder as our experience grows, not real rough, no hot doggin or jumping over dunes, to go quading with.

#5 ·
LETS GET TOGETHER TO RIDE ATV

Looking for places to ride in El paso, TX. I'm not that much into riding on soft duney sand, but it is fun at times. Trail riding is my more my thing, on most hard pack hilly areas. This are just the areas I know of, cause I live on the East side of town. So, lets see what else ya'll know of out in El Paso.

Places I know about:
-Red Sands: Upper area (appx 1x.5) 31°49'8.01"N 106° 8'8.44"W Lower area (appx .6x.6) 31°47'52.17"N 106° 8'49.52"W. Big soft sand dunes. Some trail/dirt roads but a lot of the trails are really woopy.
-East-Southeast of the SAC: (appx 6 sqm) 31°42'31.51"N 106°14'37.88"W. Some soft dunes, mostly hard pack trails and hills. Great area to ride, but new city ordinances have closed off some of that area.
-South of the East side of Mountain Shadow Lake/Lake El Paso: (.14x.14 sqm) 31°41'35.83"N 106° 1'44.49"W. Soft dune sand, hard pack dirt roads for trail riding.
-Open Desert Area: (appx 42 sqm) 31°44'48.46"N 106°10'17.02"W. Great area for trail riding, hard pack and some soft sand dirt roads. The area is a huge lay out area for city neighborhoods.
I like your post. Would you like to get together and ride?

#6 ·
I am a rider. I love riding. I have participated in a lot of races. I feel good that you are a rider too. But I think you know that we need to use some riding gears before riding a motorcycle. I think jacket, gloves, boots, helmet and hearing protection are the primary gear before leaving a ride.
If we don't use them, then we might be suffering a lot of problems. Like if we don't use any hearing protection equipment, then we will suffer from hearing loss. When we ride a motorcycle then produces a lot of sounds like wind, engine and much more these will cause the hearing loss too. So, we want to protect our hearing by using custom ear plugs.

I found some websites and want to share here...

https://www.bigearinc.com/how-to-prevent-tinnitus-in-motorcycle-riders-big-ear
https://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20xs-ms.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.