Blue Traxx Forum banner

better goggles

12K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  skylar360 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any goggles that filter out like dust very very good. i wear contacts and today i actually had to stop riding cuz my eyes were on fire

#5 ·
I use electric snowboarding goggles...they are awesome

#14 ·
What's the difference in the LS gradient and the regular LS?

Only thing I can see could be different os the regular ones have a carbon frame and they are less $$.

Also, does the band that goes around the helmet always have the orange color on it? I guess I am just picky but if I want black, I don't want some orange design on it.

#16 ·
A question about "self tinting" lenses.
The idea seems cool but do they pull it off? I mean, what if you are in an open field on a sunny day and that leads into a woods section of trails. Do the lenses auto adjust pretty quick?

Also, ride-blue, are the straps removable/replacable?

thanks.

#19 ·
Great, just need to find some black straps. Any ideas?

Anyone tried Roko Goggle Quick Straps? I couldn't ge tthe direct link to work from rockymountain. Just type the name in the search.

#21 ·
I use the Scott goggles that are anti-fog and light sensitive. They dont get very dark on a sunny day, but get dark enough. I know the feeling with the contacts, I would jsut stop and rub my eyes and move them around.

#22 ·
i have three, i have pro grips , scott, and oakley pro with the mirror lens. out of all three i think the oakley's were the best out of the three. wear contacts too so i know what your going through. but yea go with the oakley's. they cost me like 70 bux at alba.

#23 ·
Just to add to my earlier post. I bought the Pro Grips and used them this past Saturday. They are much better than my Scott goggles. They feel more solid and fit around my eyes alot better.
Now for the bad news.
Although they kept out alot of dust they didn't keep it all out. I tightened them twice and it seemed to maybe help but it still let a little dust in. The automatic dimming feature is nice. Worked fine in the woods and on the track.
I may invewst in the Oakleys in a month or two just to compare but all in all these are definately worth the buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.