making a raptor350 MX? - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2007, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

making a raptor350 MX?

Do you think it would be possible? I mean before I sound retarded... I have a raptor350 and I race around with all my friends.. I don't go to track but they do, and I'm faster then most of them on dirtbikes at the little privite tracks we made.. I was wondering if I could convert the a arms axle suspention and maybe a little power work.. will it hold up? no to pros but for the fun classes? Also as a learning bike.

I was thinking of some better shocks.. Wicked +3 +1 a arms, have a durable axle. some racing tires? and some engine power? think it will work or no?

I'm already good at jumps and i can lean and fly though turns?

So think it is possible or think i should just get a 450?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2007, 10:38 AM

I started into MX this sping at 31 years old racing a 2000 400ex . all i had done to the old girl at the time was jets air filter pipe rev box. everything was stock. all i added after i started racing and this was about mid season was extended rear hubs from RM. I did pretty good for my first year on the old girl and really inproved my skills and i did win the MX and SX championship in the 30+vet class at the local track here Miles Mountain, it was because i made all the races and had the points. But after saying all that it was still not in the same league as a 450.
i raced C-class the last race and had my hands full trying to stay with the bikes not the riders. they are just to fast in the staights.

I just bought a yfz450 a month ago and even though it is giving me fits allready it is still a better faster bike. I hope this helps, i raced my EX because its what i had at the time and i didnt know if i would enjoy racing, now i cant wait for next season. LOL!!!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 10-05-2007, 06:38 PM

My brother just sold his Raptor 350. He had an HMF pipe, FMF powerbomb header, [email protected] no lid, +4 G-Force axle, DG Nerfs, flipped rims, and all the other usual bolt on parts. He would practice with my friends and i when we had the C Class practices. with the edition of some shocks you could race this, but truth be told it will not contend with the 450s what so ever. Him and i just traded in our quads for Yfz's but all in all the 350 Raptor is an incredibly reliable machine, as it has the proven Warrior engine, and is a great all around quad for aggressive riding.

I was going to post a picture of it, but i just became a member on this forum and dont know how yet ha ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-25-2007, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i got a YFZ now an 08 it is fun but i can see how it doesn't compare to the raptor at all. but the raptor is fun int he trails
post #5 of 5 Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM

You could race the 400 class or sport class some of the track i go to have that. I just raced the 400 class on my brothers z this passed weekend cuz my rig wasnt ready its a fun class plus my cousins and friends are in that class made it more fun. So yeah you could definatly do it word to the wise though dont go with durablue they are pretty weak bend easy g force is a little stronger and cheaper the dominater 2 is the strongest axle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode