Blue Traxx Forum banner

Yamaha 450 won't start

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wyattski 
#1 ·
The quad was running fine. Now when I try and start it, it just cranks without popping off at all. When I try and start it my oil pan fills with gas. There was no catastrophic failure before it died. I left the choke out while moving it from my back yard to the front, it died, and now just cranks over and fills the oil with gas. Any ideas?

#2 ·
there is no way for the gas to run into the engine unless your bike is totally jacked up...

why do you think its filling with gas? does it just smell like gas? is the oil milky at all?

you need to drain the oil and see if there is any metal in there, check the filter for shavings too, look closely between the folds.

make sure its getting spark,

#3 ·
The oil is runny and smells like gas. I've seen water emulsified peanut butter oil before and this is different. It's definitely gas. The only thing I can think of is that the carb is pouring gas into the cylinder and the gas is draining into the pan and crankcase. Like extremely flooding the engine... I dunno. I pulled the plug and cranked it to test for spark and shocked the shit outta myself so I would assume that's ok. One thing- the quad will sometimes only click, and I have to roll it and shift it in and outta gear to get it to turn over. It has a brand new battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.