Blue Traxx Forum banner

runs at idle but dies when in gear

20K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mxthunder 
#1 ·
i just put some new pro tapers and a new clutch lever because of a wheely gone bad. today i decide to give it a ride around the block but after 40 or so feet it just dies. when its in neutral is revs fine, but as soon as i ease the clutch into gear it just cuts. anyone know the problem?

#5 ·
I am having the same problem, any ideas? Revvs fine, as soon as I let out the clutch and begin to put a load on the motor, it dies. I have ripped of the clutch switch thing, so I know it has nothing to do with that.

#6 ·
the wire that comes out of the bottom of the clutch, there are only two wires, you can trace it back under your hood, cut them strip them, and connect them together. or find the spot were they connect to the harness, unplug them, and plug the two harness wires together. either way, as long as the two wires become one loop.

mx thunder. what do you mean "ripped the clutch switch thing"

#7 ·
I mean I took that switch off the clutch perch that you are speaking of, so I have eliminated it from the equasion. I can make it go if i revv it all the way then let out on the clutch real fast, but when I let out normal with just a little throttle the motor stops dead in its tracks, like it is loosing spark or something. Im guessing a bad compenent such as the CDI but im trying to narrow down the possibilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.