Blue Traxx Forum banner

Runs great, then won't come up off idle

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  450rydr 
#1 ·
I just installed a lightened flywheel. Now I can fire it up, and rev it and it runs great. I let it idle for 20 seconds, and it won't rev up. It will just sputter and backfire. There is no gas leaking out of the bowl, so I don't know if it's flooding. Could be tors? I had this bike sitting on its side for two days, while I was waiting for the correct puller(dealer sold me the wrong one). Does anybody have any advise? Has this happened to anybody else?

#2 ·
I just pulled the carb off and checked float, and that was'nt it.Put in a new plug while it was apart, put it together again and same thing. :( Also, the parking brake is not on

#3 ·
if thors is not a big deal for you then cut and short the wires together at the handlebars....i dont know what else to tell u

#4 ·
Man, I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. This bike layed on its side for two days.ran fine before I put the flywheel in. Is it possible this could be a battery issue? It's like after it idles for a few seconds then you try to rev it up it is hitting a rev limiter right off idle. :help:

#8 ·
OK, so here's the deal. I pulled the carb twice trying to see if anything was wrong in it(stuck float, etc). I then pulled the flywheel again and everything looked good. Then I thought I read something about bikes running crappy and guys solving it by turning on the headlights, but I thought it was only on '04 models. I turned the headlights on bright, and sure enough, it ran great!!! So I will call Trail-Tech tomorrow and see what the scoop is. Has anybody else had any experience with this happening and a fix for it?

#10 ·
I have the same problem with mine ('04 though). Headlights could be on or not, and yet minestill doesn't clear up (I jetted it to dyno jet specs for my machine). A new rectifier had fixed the problem temporarily, but it came back. With that bit of info, I'm guessing it might be the stator. That is my next course of action.

P.S. I checked the bowl and float height and it seemed fine. TPS checked out good on a volt check as well. I'm still debating if I should go with an '05 stator (OEM) or look aftermarket.

#11 ·
I think I have mine fixed, I got with Trailtech and we figured out it is my regulator. They have a setup that they recommend that will cure all the yfz charging systems, and for a pretty inexpensive price. Basically they rewind the stator, and turn everything to DC voltage. It's like $95-$100 bucks on an '05 yfz to have the stator rewound, and like $25 for the regulator. The '04 yfz is more money for the stator, as the update it to an '05 stator. These people are awsome to work with and have the BEST customer tech support I have ever experienced in my life. I would highly recommend their product. :tup: :nod:

#12 ·
That might be what I will do then. Do you have a phone number? I'd like to call and ask some questions.

#13 ·
SpecWarrior said:
That might be what I will do then. Do you have a phone number? I'd like to call and ask some questions.
1-360-687-4530

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.