Blue Traxx Forum banner

Special Edition YFZ450 ??

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RPyfz450 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how limited production is on the "Special Edition" quads Yamaha produces? The "retro" yellow and black 450 has really caught my eye and I'm curious how hard it might be to get one. Is it a one per dealer thing or do they just make a certain number and put em up for grabs?

Of course, I have to decide to give up my 400EX before I join the Yammy ranks!

#6 ·
Thanks. I wasn't sure how easy they were to come by. I didn't care for the all black 04', but I love the look of the yellow/white/black. I'm checking with my local dealer today to see if he has one coming in or can get one. I do like the Ruby red/white, so it may not even be worth the extra coin to get the SE. :roll:

#8 ·
yep, October. My dealer said he'd give me a deal on one but I am not sure I can work with the 3 tone look! It looks good for a stock quad but I am having trouble picturing what graphics would work. I think when i update to an 05' I will stay blue.

#9 ·
rrussell said:
It looks good for a stock quad but I am having trouble picturing what graphics would work.
I've thought about this and I agree with you. I tend to remove decals as they get beat up. I suspect if you have to remove any decals from the 05 SE, it might look wierd with yellow front plastics and black rear plastics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.