orange or black pos or neg on ignition coil?? - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

orange or black pos or neg on ignition coil??

I have a 95 350 banshee and no spark, secondary on ignition coil was not testing out. I got a new one and don't want to fry it. I see a neg and pos on the coil but the pictures in the manual don't look right to me. I would think the black wire is negative and orange is positive. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2011, 06:25 PM

The Black is definitely negative and the orange goes directly to the CDI box according to the schematic.

'97 YFZ350J CEET Ltd. Ed. Banshee
Open airbox with K&N filter/stock Mikuni Carbs with: 360 Mains, Vitos' needles w/clips pos. 3/6 from the top, #30 pilots, VF3 Reeds, Ported, Pro Design cool head w/21cc domes, & ProCircuit Platinum Exhaust. Works Triple Rates up front.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode