Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Carb problems.

This is a discussion on Carb problems. within the Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; I have a friend of a friend with 03 shee. I don't know much about the tors system on it. He couldn't get it started ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #1

View jjraptor's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Carb problems.

I have a friend of a friend with 03 shee. I don't know much about the tors system on it. He couldn't get it started after it had sat for 6+ months. So I took and cleaned the carbs up put them back on and it fired right up. The one side of the carb was leaking, so I adjusted the float.. I was not there when they put everything back together. But they said they started it up and only one side was firing. So they messed with the one side of the carb that was not firing and was able to get both cylinders running. But now it runs really high idle like the throttle is sticking. So what is everyone's input ? Tors ?
jjraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Crowd Control

Premium Member
View Dextreme's Photo Gallery(0)

Make sure the carbs are syncronized so that both slides move at the same time. (You can check them without the airfilter(s) attached to the carbs). You can also then detect if a slide is sticking by watching the slides.

Also make sure you have the carb boots on correctly and tightened down. If you have an air leak between the carbs and intake, it can cause a free-rev (idle extremely high) lean condition.

Short video of me

'96 Banshee - Full Ported 385cc 4mil Stroker
Dextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #3

View jjraptor's Photo Gallery(0)
Default r

How do you sync the carbs ?
jjraptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

Search tags for this page

yamaha atv carburetor problems

yamaha atv problems

banshee carb problems

yamaha carburetor problems

yamaha atv carb problems

yamaha banshee carb problems

yamaha carb problems
atv carb problems
yamaha carburetor troubleshooting
yamaha atv carb
yamaha atv troubleshooting
carb problems on yamaha banshee
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.