Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

chain tensioners on blaster

This is a discussion on chain tensioners on blaster within the Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; I was riding yesterday and noticed that everytime i shifted and popped the clutch i would hear and feel a banging or clicking noise in ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 01:52 PM   #1

View badblaster's Photo Gallery(0)
Default chain tensioners on blaster

I was riding yesterday and noticed that everytime i shifted and popped the clutch i would hear and feel a banging or clicking noise in the rear end. i thought it was my chain but when i checked it it was tight. it was really bothering me so i got off to inspect my back end a little closer. i started tuggin on evrything i could imagine to see what was loose. then i spotted the chain tensioner hanging in a downward position. when i grabbed it it moved freely up and down and there was a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch between the adjuster bolt and the swingarm. so basically every time i punched the gas or dropped the clutch my whole bearing carrier and axle was rolling forward and smacking against the chain tensioners that were loose. when i got home i adjusted the tensioner bolts back to were they were touching the swingarm and made the chain tight. but this time the bolt was stcking out from the cahin tensioner a little less than a 1/2 an inch. what could have wore down to cause such a dramatic change in tensioner adjustment. my sprockets are not worn, my cahin seems to be good. one more question---how do u find out if your axle is straight once you adjust your chain.

sorry for all of the writting but i needed to explain.
thanx

2000 blue blaster, 20 inch razr's on 10 inch itp. .190's, uni air filter, boysen reeds, shockwears, wiseco .10 over piston, trenga hydros ordered.----------------warrior killer!!!!
badblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #2

View Fordman's Photo Gallery(0)

did you adjust the axle evenly? My blaster the bolts that hold my axle kept comming loose so I bought nylon lock nut and that seamed to work. I dont know what else it could be other that you streatched your chain when it was slaping hard. My adjusters are all the way out now.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:42 PM   #3

View PTR-Blaster's Photo Gallery(0)
Default tensioners

Yea yamaha could make the tesioners a lil better, ive had problems with mine where they werent even on both sides. I said F*ck it and i havent had a problem with them yet excpet tigtening the chain when it needs it.
PTR-Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

Search tags for this page

yamaha blaster chain tensioner

how to tighten chain on yamaha blaster

blaster chain tensioner

yamaha blaster chain adjustment

2003 blaster chain tensioner
2001 yamaha blaster chain tensioner kit
2001 blaster chain tightener
how to tighten blaster chain
how do u use the chain tightener on a yamaha blaster
yamaha blaster chain adjuster bolt
yamaha blaster noise coming from chain
chain adjustment
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.