Blue Traxx Forum banner

What does a degree key actually do?

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Dextreme 
#1 ·
I think it retards timing. If it does how does that help performance?

May sound like a noob question but if I dont ask I won't know.

#6 ·
I just bought a +4 directly from vitos and its too fat to fit in the flywheel... if anybody wants it ill sell it for 20 shipped obo because i dont feel like grinding it down to make it fit ~ PM me

#8 ·
You could buy a aftermarket timing plate which helps smooth out the power band. anywhere from 2-3 degrees would help., the key ways are very cheap and you dont notice it, but thats my opinion unless you want to talk dyno runs, its like the people who sware up and down about boost bottle adding performance.

#9 ·
You could buy a aftermarket timing plate which helps smooth out the power band. anywhere from 2-3 degrees would help., the key ways are very cheap and you dont notice it, but thats my opinion unless you want to talk dyno runs, its like the people who sware up and down about boost bottle adding performance.

uhhhh....why would an aftermarket timing plate smooth out the power band and not a degree key? Advancing the timing is advancing the timing. The benefit of going with a timing plate mod or aftermarket plate is that you don't run the risk of shearing the key. But eitherway...advancing the timing is "very" noticible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.