Blue Traxx Forum banner

Cheetah Cylinders

7K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  tug 
#1 ·
Just finished building my Craycraft 686 Raptor.....I think it may be faster than my Banshee :evil: . It used to not even be close. This seems wrong to me, so the Banshee needs to be faster, much faster. Anyone running Cheetah Cylinders, how long have you been running them? Any place to get them other than Trinity? Or...would I be better off just having mine ported?

#3 ·
My friend runs them and they are some fast cylinders. Im pretty sure dan@patriot racing sells them and could port them. check out his site www.patriotracing.net
he ported my cylinders and they run real strong

#6 ·
Dextreme said:
Cheetah Cylinders are fast if set up correctly. There are lots of Cheetah owners out there scratching there heads as to why they are still getting beat by ported 350s. :nod:
Are you going to be a Cheetah owner soon? or are you going to one of the ones that passes them. :lmao:

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will call patriot on Friday...hope they are open! My worry is that it seems the Cheetah's also need to be ported and the reports from Trinity are not good. I don't want to drop several grand on the Cheetah's to only get 60 hp.

#10 ·
Cheetah performance?

I would think that since these cylinders are aftermarket that they would come with much better porting than a stock Banshee. Or is the only thing that the big $$$ you drop on the cylinders get you 400cc and powervalves? Has anyone dyno'd a Cheetah engine vs. stock engine with both of them having the same modifications?

I would be extremely interested to see this done... anyone know of unbiased reviews out there???

#11 ·
I like how my cheetahs perform and think they were well worth the cash. I have been running them for a little over a year. I just have the 392cc with the stock stroke. It is putting out just over 80hp with the torque at about 45 ft lbs. This is with an MX type port on gas. Sure, the numbers aren't all that impresive but what is cool is that the power comes on so early and pulls like an SOB hard through the top. I have ridden drag ported stock cylinders with comparable peak hp and they seem to lack bottom end power and are real peaky.

I am not bashing, this is just my experience with the cheetahs. I can hold my own with some of the guys that have so called drag bikes, but when we're through drag racing they park theirs on the trailer and I head on out to the sand trails and do some tree shootin'. That's where the fun is anyway. :nod:

I hope this doesn't turn into a pissing match between those with cheetahs and those without. That is usually what happens to this type of thread. I just wanted to post my .02 on the subject. and yes thethrillofspeed, patriot racing would be the first place I would check.

#13 ·
00banshee what pipes are you runnin. My friend has out of frame cpi's and they are a bitch gettin on. Also what size jet do you run in the powervalves

#15 ·
dunedemon said:
What's with all this cheetah talk? Are you guys scarred of the T-Rex cylinders?

Dunedemon.
uh, yeah :razz: here comes the heat from someone who is probably riding a Mojave. j/k dude, nothing wrong with the T-rex.

Back to you guys with ?s
I have been running the cheetahs for a little over a year with the Keihin 35mm carbs. Had the trinity inframes and switched to the inframe CPIs which I like alot better. I haven't heard of the out of frame pipes not fitting, but some of the inframes are really tight.
As far as the jet in the powervalves, I bought mine before they switched to using jets. Mine came with a black plastic breather and I guess people were breaking them off so they switched to using jets. So i am still using what came with mine and haven't tried using the jets.

#17 ·
Thanks for your reply 00Banshee his pipes will fit on the cheetah cylinders. It is just incredibly tight.

#18 ·
dunedemon said:
not trying to flame, was just curious no one with t-rex's spoke up, yeah my mojave looks strangley like a banshee, I have nothing against cheetahs.
LOL, I was just joking with ya. Are you the one having problems posting the pic of your shee over at the BansheeHQ? if so, you can e-mail it to me and I'll host and post it for you. Later...

#19 ·
im gonna be gettin a set o t rex cylinders soon.right now i got a 379cc 4mil makin 77rwhp and 43 ft lbs with stock duner port cylinders.im hopin to get 90+ rwhp with a duner port with the t rex cylinders .i plan on switchin to alky a lil while after the t rexs are on the bike.

#21 ·
dunedemon said:
not trying to flame, was just curious no one with t-rex's spoke up, yeah my mojave looks strangley like a banshee, I have nothing against cheetahs.
I received your e-mail and you are right, your mojave does look like a banshee. That bike is awesome. One of the finest looking banshees I've seen. I'll try to get it posted this afternoon.

#22 ·
Great, thanks for your help. When I get a chance to take some more pic's I'll post them here / send them to you. I installed some new pipes /silencers since those pic's, and some IMS heel guards to go with their pegs. Thanks for the positive feed back on the bike.

Dunedemon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.