Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Trinity Pro-mx porting?

This is a discussion on Trinity Pro-mx porting? within the Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; I am buying a 04 banbshee this fall and looking for thoughts for anyone who has or knows someone that has a Pro-mx banshee port ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #1

View imported_chris's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Trinity Pro-mx porting?

I am buying a 04 banbshee this fall and looking for thoughts for anyone who has or knows someone that has a Pro-mx banshee port job by Trinity. I currenlty have a 89 that was ported 8 years ago by another organization for mx and it is great. Also would it benefit to purchase Trinity pipes and there head as a kit? I currently receive dealer price from Parts unlimited which means that I get good prices on Pro circuit anf FMF pipes and all Pro-design parts. This route would dave me a few hundred buck but if I am going to spend the money I want the highest quality workmanship.

Chris
imported_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:39 PM   #2

View GETBENTFREERIDERS's Photo Gallery(0)

hey if you want porting i would go with dan at patriot racing....trinitys service sucks imo so i would stay away from them
GETBENTFREERIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 07:07 AM   #3

thanks for the input, I personally have only delt with Trinity once and they took good care of me. I really don't care if it takes 3 months to get my cylinders back. I am paying for there expertise. My cyclinders are going to be ported by Trinity, Duncan or PSI. period. Please provide feedaback I don't wnat recomendations on where else to send them.

Chris
Old 09-01-2003, 07:09 AM   #4

thanks for the input, I personally have only delt with Trinity once and they took good care of me. I really don't care if it takes 3 months to get my cylinders back. I am paying for there expertise. My cyclinders are going to be ported by Trinity, Duncan or PSI. period. Please provide feedaback I don't wnat recomendations on where else to send them.

Chris
Old 09-01-2003, 07:10 AM   #5

thanks for the input, I personally have only delt with Trinity once and they took good care of me. I really don't care if it takes 3 months to get my cylinders back. I am paying for there expertise. My cyclinders are going to be ported by Trinity, Duncan or PSI. period. Please provide feedback I don't want recomendations on where else to send them.

Chris
Old 09-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #6

View GETBENTFREERIDERS's Photo Gallery(0)
Default hey

ya but i had my porting done by trinity and it isnt very good.....they are there to please the consumer and dont pay attention to detail....dan at patriot racing is on of the best builders in the world so if you want expertise go with him....there is a waiting list into october to get portoing from him though so you should reserve your spot
GETBENTFREERIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:35 PM   #7

View meat's Photo Gallery(0)

Do a search for Trinity and when you get done reading all the Trinity bad experiences everyone has and you will too, take "getbentfreeriders" advice and seek out Dan at Patriot Racing. www.patriotracing.net you'll thank us. Study the facts and opinions on Trinity before you send them your pride and joy.
meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 04:16 PM   #8

Thanks guys for the input. I looked at the Patriot racing web site and read some of there suggestions about motocross packages and the hot trail set up. What they recommend I curenlty have on my 89 banshee (28 Flatsides, V-force, prodesign coolhead and intakes system and the bike is awesome to ride. The only difference is that I have FMF pipes that I bought in 1990 when I bought the bike. From reading Patriots infomration it appears that maybe the setup that I use is ideal for what I am riding. The next question is if Patriot is better at poring than my current PSI setup that I got back in 96 that has been incredible. So I guess I need to detemine who will port and either to get FMF or PC pipes. Any suggestions?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:38 AM   #9

View 14mins's Photo Gallery(0)

I would not let trinity port my lawn mower. Who ever is standing in the shop might attempt to port your stuff. I would use someone else.
14mins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #10

View yanks5166's Photo Gallery(0)

i would go with speedfreaks racing they do some nice porting jobs and have good service
yanks5166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #11

I was looking at Dsn's site at what he calls a MX set up and a Fast trail set up. My curent Banshee has MX porting and it has great power through out, even though the top end doesn't continously pull. Is there any diference in a MX porting to a trail port job? From reading the information posted by patriot's site I can only gather that the pipe selection is different.

Chris
Old 09-08-2003, 10:40 PM   #12

View meat's Photo Gallery(0)

Thats a good question, you'll have to email Dan at Patriot Racing and ask him to explain.
meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:33 PM   #13

View jjraptor's Photo Gallery(0)
Default re

yeah i would stay away from trinity they suck
jjraptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee (1987-Present)

Search tags for this page

trinity banshee porting

banshee mx port

how to port banshee cylinders

motocross porting

mx porting

trinity porting

trinity.com.mx
trinity porting prices
ported banshee cylinders
trinity porting banshee
trinity banshee port job
trinity pro mx
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.