Blue Traxx Forum banner

Banshee is idle fine... but dies when I give her any gas!

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  lilsherm89 
#1 ·
This was my first weekend with my new shee.It was running fine till one little issue. When you would go to down shift..... the motor would cut out on me. This was not a big deal...... i could save it most of the time. Now it's bad! I can start it, and it will idle like a champ. But if I give it any gas at all it will die. I have changed the spark plugs,still doing it. Im thinking its the main jet in one of the carbs. What do you guys think. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

#3 ·
That's wierd. If it did it when you let off the gas, I would say it could be the tors. being that it does it when you give it gas, makes me think it's a carb problem, like maybe pilot jets are clogged or something.
I agree with banshee962000, if it's new TAKE IT BACK!

#5 ·
If the TORS brain box is still connected try disconnecting it, possibly when you give it gas one carb is probably opening sooner than the other causing TORS to shut the motor down. If you dont know where the box is located its under the radiator on the left side.

#7 ·
sounds like your filter could be clogged

#8 ·
Verboten said:
Well tonight I took off the plastic cover on the radiator . I didnt see any "box" back there but i did see a connector that runs up to the thumb throlte.Was this what you were talking about. If so that didnt work.Still cutting out when given gas.
Its below the radiator mounted to the frame on left side, you shouldnt need to take the radiator plastic to see it. This will only help if your TORS is still installed.

#9 ·
might sound stupid, but did u check to make sure ur parking brake is disengaged? about a week ago my friends stuck on his and it wouldnt let it rev up at all, i think cuz of some kind of rev limiter for the parking brake?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.