Blue Traxx Forum banner

Cheetah Kit

6K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Tantar 
#1 ·
Does anyone have trinitys 400cc cheetah kit and if so how much power does it add and do u like it

#2 ·
yea I have one,Smoked a piston first time out on it.As far as trinity goes there service is not very good I didn't like dealing with them at all.It runs like a raped ape I'll give them that.Alot of bottom end power damn near feels like a four stroke on the bottom end but still has the two stroke top end.If you get one good luck with them.

#3 ·
Oh yea they say bolt on---it's not.you have to move the motor all the way over to get it to fit in the frame,Then get rid of your air box because you can't use it,getting your carbs in there is a pain right where your pipes run is where your carb is so they rub,I bent one pipe and ground down the idle screw on the carb to get it to fit.you really have to work to get it all in there and right. :tdown:

#8 ·
I can't tell you not to get it,like I said the SOB runs and runs strong I just have a sour taste from dealing with Trinity I know others and they said they didn't have problems.As far as HP they say 75 I haven't dyno it but I say it's close.I'd look at the T-rex set-up I know alot of the big boys out west are running this set-up,Power valve bolt on kit but it's a sleeve set up so you can bore and resleeve it later the cheetah is nickelciled so you have to re nickelcil it if you ever want to redo it down the road and that's not cheap.FMF makes a bolt on 400 powervalve kit for the girl also but I don't know much about it Dirt Wheels did a write up on it awhile back and they liked it if that means much.I kinda rushed into buying mine I wish I done more looking around I don't know but I probably would have something differnt

#10 ·
Cheetahs

I run the cheetah 400cc setup. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. With the v-force reeds and powervalves the powerband is awesome. It is very ridable whether in the open dunes or tight trails.

I had mine on the dyno. It ran up to 75 hp w/ 42 ft#s of torque and was still alittle on the rich side. It bolted right on without any modifications to the frame or shifting the motor. If you run inframe pipes they are alittle close to the filters but I haven't had any problems.

I bought mine from Trinity. Dealing with them is a whole other story. :s96:

But you can now get the 400cc kit from other dealers as well. Good luck on your choice of cylinders.

#11 ·
hey 00banshee when you called trinity and ordered you kit did they tell you the v force was an upgrade? they never asked me and when I got my stuff I had cr250 reed cages with fiberglass reeds-I called them and asked what the hell was up and they said that was an upgrade.I said well if you go to your website it says kit includes and there's a list and on the list is v force reeds and cages,not an upgrade.He said it's an upgrade and sorry---I said I'm sorry to,sorry I bought it from you.I got cr250 reeds,no wrist pins and bearings and extra frieght bill not very happy.It's a good thing it does run as good as it does or I would be really pi--ed. :s96: :s96: :s96:

#12 ·
They were still supplying the 250r v-force reeds when I got mine. Sorry to hear about your experience w/ Trinity. Mine was real similiar. Then I was stupid enough to pay them 2nd day-air for their inframe pipes (which I am very happy with) but they didn't show up for 4 days and they kept all the postage. Live and learn I guess.

#13 ·
The cries of long delays for parts,poor customer service, and short lived grenade motors(not just banshees) seem to echo across the internet !!!
I for one will not buy squat from them !!! Their pipes are made by "the powerpros"(long wait from them too) available directly from www.thepowerpros.com The choice is yours.....Good luck !!! :tdown:

#15 ·
I don't think I'll ever believe anything from them!!!! You know when I was bitchin about the v force reeds the guy at trinity told me I didn't want them anyway-----thier no good,when the motor backfires it breaks the reeds.At this point I asked why the motor would even be backfiring and I didn't get a answer.I bet the guys making the v force set-up would love to know trinity telling there custmers thier stuff is junk.

#16 ·
00banshee's is really fast..and from what iv'e seen and heard everybody is happy with them..can't beat havin a dragster and a trailrider in one package..i don't think t-rex's are a good idea unless you plan on porting them..the casting's are bad..i have full drag ported stock cyls and i beat a t-rex on alky..a couple of 'em actually..00banshee on gas could beat them i think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.