Blue Traxx Forum banner

Cheetah vs T-Rex Cylinders

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  T5_BANSHEE 
#1 ·
What's your guys take on the T-rex vs the Cheetah Cylinders? What are the pros and cons of one setup vs the other? I'm in the process of building a T-rex shee myself and want your opinions. Thanks for any input.

#2 ·
Welcome to BT Jay :tup: I've heard good things about both the T-Rex and Cheetah but I couldn't tell you the difference between the 2 lol.

#3 ·
I've been researching both, and there's not too many differences as far as I can tell. The T-rex is the original, and I believe it has more transfer ports. It's probably the best way to go for all out power.

#5 ·
Weight has alot to do with it. I would let the cheetah be reasearched for a little longer before you buy it. You need to give shopd more time to reasearch porting for them. Stock for stock the cheetah will walk all over the T-REX. As of right now I am pretty sure that the T-REX is on top for right now. From what I've heard KT has goten over 150 out of a Trex setup. But the Rotax cylindered biles are still king.

#6 ·
If it were my money, I'd be all over the Cheetah Cylinders. I've seen both the T-REX and Cheetah cylinders for myself and can say if I was going to drop $2000 on a new setup, it's Cheetah all the way.

In stock trim, the Cheetah's porting looks to be a light year ahead of T-REX. Just by looking at the available space and porting layout given to work with, the Cheetah definatly has more favorable room for optimizing the ports to make an absolute screamer out of it. The T-REX is somewhat limited.

As for ultimate HP numbers, I know a guy with Bone Stock Cylinders, 26mm carbs, and a 2 into 1 pipe making 144 HP at the rear wheels! He's got a Turbo Banshee, but it is actually 144HP on Bone Stock Cylinders, so I guess Stock Cylinders rule, right??? :tup:

#12 ·
Yeah, but the power valves all these kits use are a stock Bombardier power valve that comes on the 785 and 951 engines. Yamaha had actuated mechanical valves. That used the ignition system to actuate. The Bombardier kits use vacuum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.