Blue Traxx Forum banner

Chain roller hanger ??

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Dennon 
#1 ·
I have a blaster but the bottom chain roller the actual little bit of metal the rubber roller sits on has snaped what can I do ??

#9 ·
thats going to be tough to fix. the most correct way to fix it would be to fab a new tab and pin just like what was there, grind the old tab off and then weld the new one in place. you could possibly grind the old tab off and using a bolt the same size as the pin that was there drill a hole all the way through the frame, weld the bolt to the frame on both sides clean it up and install your roller on the bolt. you would need a bolt with an unthreaded shoulder longer than the frame is thick and use a thread die to get your threads to precisely the correct length then use a nylock nut to hold the roller on the bolt. my backyard engineering tells me with some gusseting to help bridge the hole in the frame and welding the bolt to the frame on both sides this would work fine and not cause damage to the frame of the machine. the common sense side says drilling a hole with a diameter that is nearly half the width of the frame could be problematic and should be avoided at all cost. if it was mine i would fab a new tab and pin. either way it will take some fabrication skill and welding. get a second opinion from someone that can see the machine first had it is difficult to assess the damage from a picture. as far as roller i have only used the factory ones and i was happy.

if it is reving up without a change in speed it is probably the chain slipping again tough to tell exactly what is going on but that front sprocket look like it is shot. the combination could be causing the chain to hop. if there is an associated increase in speed it is not related and is possibly a carb issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.