Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

02 blaster engine

This is a discussion on 02 blaster engine within the Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; does anybody kno where i can get a whole engine for a 02 blaster? i recently got the wheeler, and it has been beat to ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #1

View djy02blaster's Photo Gallery(0)
Default 02 blaster engine

does anybody kno where i can get a whole engine for a 02 blaster? i recently got the wheeler, and it has been beat to hell and i wanna make a lil project bike out of it. it still runs great etc but i kno it could go at any time. i would like to have a spare engine to throw in to it if it does decide to go on me. any info would b great. thnx
djy02blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #2

View Mini Banshee's Photo Gallery(0)

IF your wanting a Project bike, why not turn it into a 240? and rebuild the top and bottom end.

01 Rappy. Trail Tech,686 Kit, w/ stage 2 cam, Keeble HD Valve spring

Custom Drag Banshee..sold..Ran 4.2 at 76MPH in 300 ft.

04' SE Toomey Banshee

New Toys
08 Kawa 650 Brute Force. SS Rims, 26" Super Grip Tires, LRD Slip-on, Warn Winch

97 Suzuki RM 80. FMF P&S
Mini Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #3

View 99LRDblaster's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by djy02blaster View Post
does anybody kno where i can get a whole engine for a 02 blaster? i recently got the wheeler, and it has been beat to hell and i wanna make a lil project bike out of it. it still runs great etc but i kno it could go at any time. i would like to have a spare engine to throw in to it if it does decide to go on me. any info would b great. thnx
Why a spare engine? All you have to do is take the cylinder off, have it bored, then put a new oversized piston in, bolt it up and you are good to go. While I wouldn't do it, I've seen guys on the trails simply swap out the jug and piston on a blown top end and went riding within 2 hours.

If the engine "goes out on you", it's probably just a top end that needs rebuilt.....not a big deal...it's only like $150......way cheaper than the $400+ you will pay for an entire engine. It's pretty counterproductive. Just because the top end out, doesn't mean it's "junk".
99 HOLLYWOOD DIRT BUILT BLASTER~Port Design #3~stock carb rifled and bored to 30mm~head prop rechambering and milled, Trenga/LRD exhaust~Boyesen Pro Series Reeds~+3 extended swingarm~Douglas rears~Nac's seat cover~Outerwears airbox cover~AC Racing bumper~14/40 gearing~ported intake boot~O/I blockoff

www.hollywooddirtproductions.com
99LRDblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present)

Search tags for this page

yamaha blaster engine for sale

yamaha blaster motor for sale

blaster engine for sale

blaster engine
blaster motor for sale
yamaha blaster engine for sale cheap
yfs200 engine for sale
yamaha blaster motors for sale
buy blaster engine
yamaha blaster motors sale
yamaha blaster 200 engine for sale
blaster engines for sale
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.