Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Very High Idle..Like..VERY High..Please HELP!

This is a discussion on Very High Idle..Like..VERY High..Please HELP! within the Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; Ok..here's the deal..We got a couple of blasters pretty cheap, so we've been building one out of the two..We have a jug that is bored ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #1

View antos360's Photo Gallery(0)
unhappy Very High Idle..Like..VERY High..Please HELP!

Ok..here's the deal..We got a couple of blasters pretty cheap, so we've been building one out of the two..We have a jug that is bored .10 over, FMF Gold Series Fatty silencer, And a FMF pipe..TORS Removed..The carb has a 220 or 230 jet in it..blaster manual says that 220 is standard..so i think its a 220..First carb wasn't taken apart and cleaned, second one was..With both carbs the problem was the same..So here's the problem..Fire it up, and it revs high..sounds around 3,000 or so..Pilot air screw is turned out 1 1/2 on Carbs, and we attempted to adjust the idle..Nothing happened..Turn the air screw out..Nothing..it just wants to rev high..Sometimes it will hold the rev steady and sometimes it will progressively increase..Both carbs did the same thing..after we shut the motor off, and tried to kick it over..it backfired once, and then fired right back up..

Any Suggestions?
antos360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #2

Also..for the record..we are aware it should be jetted to compensate for being Bored over, and fitted with a pipe, but should it still be revving out like that? i would think it'd be starved for fuel, rather than having too much..

Another Note..Not sure what position the main jet needle is on..i imagine stock..which is 3rd down, if i read right
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 AM   #3

View 2008wolverine's Photo Gallery(0)

Sounds more like an air leak check where carb mounts to boot to reed mount and also the bolts attaching reed block to motor, gaskets etc.also check that reeds are in good shape, just a thought
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #4

so.... i put another gasket in between the reed cage and engine....my kit didnt come with 2 for that area...i have a parts wheeler i pulled one from...it deff seemed to effect how it was running...since doing so ..it now seems like it is flooding out ..and wont run for long...any suggestions ?....lol b4 it wouldnt stop...now it wont move
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #5

View 2008wolverine's Photo Gallery(0)

Taking a shot in the dark ifit seems like it is flooding? make sure the float in the carb is moving freely< if 2 gaskets made that change you may have had an air leak which would cause it to be to lean(rev high) now it sounds to rich(maybe to much fuel) go to 1 good gasket check carb adjusment and make sure air cleaner is in good shape<i hope this helps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFS200 Blaster ('88-Present)

Search tags for this page

atv idles too high

yamaha blaster high idle
would an air leak cause a four wheeler to rev out
blaster revs to high but is not the idle screw?
yamaha blaster hanging idle
yamaha blaster high idle problem
four wheeler reving very high when started
yamaha blaster tors problems
why does my atv idle so high
four wheeler wont idle high elivation
moto four wheeler blaster
why is my banshee yamaha revving high
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.