Blue Traxx Forum banner

Over heat light

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cory52000 
#1 ·
Ive got a 2004 660 that has a new battery, new starter, new cdi, new starter solenoid, new ignition and a new coil pack. When I try to start it the overheat light illuminates and stays on, the start relay does not click or anything, I have bypassed the ignition currently and it will start up fine and run great but the problem is the only way to fully shut off the four-wheeler (not just the motor I.E. neutral light) I have to disconnect power from the battery. My question is does anyone know which wire I should focus on that would cause this issue?

#2 ·
check to make sure the plugs on cdi have a good connection and look for a short in the yellow and black wire. check you temp sending unit. i have never had this my self and just googled it those 2 things came up several times but if that does not work google it your self there were dozens of posts about this very thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.