Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Can you get a stator wet without runining it?

This is a discussion on Can you get a stator wet without runining it? within the Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; Can the stator get wet? My problem is I put my stator cover in the sandblaster thinking I had the stator covered properly but of ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #1

View remainincognito's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Can you get a stator wet without runining it?

Can the stator get wet? My problem is I put my stator cover in the sandblaster thinking I had the stator covered properly but of course a shotload on bead got in the stator and bearing. I want to know if I can flush with h20 without ruining the stator and wiring. Thank you.
remainincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #2

View firstraptor's Photo Gallery(0)

It wiring won't be harmed by the water. What you could or should do is put it in the oven for an hour or so at low a temperature to be sure it's dry. I'd thing 150 degrees would be ok.
The real problem may come from the shot scratching the varnish insulation on the wires, it may short out if the wires were hit with any force.
The bearing, clean it well and then do it again.

When it comes to putting motor parts in the oven, it'll be easier to beg forgivness than it is to ask permission.
firstraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #3
Primo Member

Premium Member
View 03LimitedEditionRaptor's Photo Gallery(0)

I would clean it off with carb cleaner. Actually the best cleaner would be electronic cleaner from Napa. You could probaby get it at any place that sells the CRC Brand of arisol cleaners. It is made for fine electronics. The stator is designed to run in oil. so it is going to be chemical resistant. I would not put it in the oven ethire. The stator is made to get hot from engine oil but the plugs on the end of the wiring harness are not. You would probably melt them.

Here is a link to the stuff I am talking about.
http://www.crcindustries.com/auto/co...x?PN=05102&S=N

Josh

97 Yamaha Banshee - F.A.S.T. Dune Ported 4mill Stroker, CPI Pipes, Keihin PWK33's, Direct Drive Lockup,
158 main jets, CEL Needles on the middle clip, 45 Pilots.
03LimitedEditionRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #4

View firstraptor's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by 03LimitedEditionRaptor
I would clean it off with carb cleaner. Actually the best cleaner would be electronic cleaner from Napa. You could probaby get it at any place that sells the CRC Brand of arisol cleaners. It is made for fine electronics. The stator is designed to run in oil. so it is going to be chemical resistant. I would not put it in the oven either. The stator is made to get hot from engine oil but the plugs on the end of the wiring harness are not.

You would probably melt them.

Josh
That is a better idea,
firstraptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005)

Search tags for this page

can you clean a stator

how to clean stator

how to clean a stator

stator got wet

how to clean an atv stator

can a stator get wet

how to clean a motorcycle stator

zxi1100 stator keeps getting wet
cleaning atv stator in the sink
the stator on my motor cycle got wet in a flood
how to clean atv stator
can you clean a stator on an atv
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.