Blue Traxx Forum banner

Float level?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  1stWarrior95 
#1 ·
I seem to have a problem with my carbs when wheelieing (sp?) When it comes close to the 11-12 o'clock position, the engine starts to sputter and run extremely rich. I have my floats set to 3mm above the spit. Would a lower setting keep this from happening? Right now, when its warmed up and idling in neutral, I cannot pick up the front end past about 10 o'clock position before it starts to sputter and die. Is this normal or can something be done to the stock carbs to solve this problem.

Thanks

#7 ·
Mine does the same sputtering when I try to ride wheelies and on some hillclimbs too. I've never tried to stand it on the grab bar while it's running though. I don't think any of them will run long that way.
My floats are set at the 3mm above the split and I haven't been able to ride wheelies very good since I set them there.
Here's the strange part, I would swear my floats were set higher than the 3mm above when they were at the factory setting, but I just can't to remember for sure.

As far as power increase after setting them a 3mm above, absolutly nothing different for mine, (Sorry Freez, nothin personal).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.