Blue Traxx Forum banner

How do I get bearing carrier out of swingarm?

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MoRaptor02 
#1 ·
Well im taking my swingarm and stuff in for powdercoating and I can not get the carrier out. If you guys know a way please post how.

Thanks Kevin

#2 ·
Sometimes water gets in their and rusts up the carrier and makes it almost impossible to get it out. Try heat, PB blaster a rubber mallot. I had to beat on mine for about an hour before it finally broke loose. Luckily I was replacing the axle anyway because it was jacked up when I finally done. :s96: :s96: One of the most frustrating hours of my life!!! A torch and a good amount of heat is what finally made her break loose.... Good Luck!

#4 ·
it will come off on the right side (sitting on the bike)

#6 ·
It will come. Don't give up!! Hit that mutha with everything you have. Make sure you have all the bolts out of it too. :lol:

#8 ·
Have you thrown a heat torch on it?? That is what finally did it for me...Used a block of wood and a mallot to finaly get her to give...There is no other magic formula to do it other then heat, lubricant and brute force. :s96:

Lots of cussing helps too........... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.