Blue Traxx Forum banner

Float level too high or low if still leaking?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sixsixt 
#1 ·
Alright fellas, i have the rap naked right now and can't seem to get a 13mm mark. Not even close. I read the "floats" thread and also the clear tube method and still no go. I bent the tab both ways and the floats just move further up, not down. Need help....

#4 ·
check out my post at

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36249&highlight=float

If your floats are way off you might have to do the float mod. I explain what to do in the post. The floats have a little stopper that prevents them from opening to far and you can bend the tang as much as you like and you will not change the level.

I used the 13mm on both carbs. In the end my left carb had to be around 15 mm to get the floats to read 3 mm above the split if you check it with the clear tube method.

You might also have a faulty needle valve. It might not be closing correctly. Check if the rubber peace of the needle if is not damaged and that there is nothing stuck inside the hole it fits into. If it is leaking the needle is your problem and you will not fix it by changing the tang on the floats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.