Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Boondockers Nitrous install pics (as requested)UPDATED!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Boondockers Nitrous install pics (as requested)UPDATED!!!!!! within the Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; O, alright, That makes sense. I wasnt sure if fogged into the whole airbox or not. But that is definitly sweet. How much was the ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2003, 10:22 PM   #21
Primo Member

Premium Member
View warrior-man's Photo Gallery(0)

O, alright, That makes sense. I wasnt sure if fogged into the whole airbox or not. But that is definitly sweet. How much was the total cost?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:29 PM   #22
Crowd Control

Premium Member
View petedog9's Photo Gallery(0)

The whole kit was just over $700 and then I purchased a 10 lb bottle for refills which cost around $300 more because everywhere I went I couldnt fing anyone to fill a 12oz bottle. (too small) so all in all I spent around $1000 total.

'04 raptor red / white full Yoshi pipe GYTR jet kit 160/165 K&n with outerwear (wifes ride)
petedog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 10:40 PM   #23

View Jerry02Raptor's Photo Gallery(0)

Sweet! We will have one black and white Raptor(mine), one blue, a white 450 and a yellow 400ex, a rail and a couple of dirt bikes. We are tenting it, toyhauler comes next march! See ya there!

Jerry

797 Drag Raptor
686 Duner Raptor
Jerry02Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:44 PM   #24

View rapcor's Photo Gallery(0)

K i've been telling my buddies about this and they're all telling me i'd blow my engine.

Any truth to this or what?
nEeD mOrE HORSE POWER
http://www.geocities.com/rapcor660/rapcor660.html
rapcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:52 PM   #25

View RaptorRiderTX's Photo Gallery(0)

With the boondockers setup it would be pretty hard to blow your engine because the max amount it can increase your power is only like 17hp. I'm not saying there is zero chance of it happening, just it's not as likely to happen with that setup.
ATPT Race Team
"Whenever you hear the words 'animal rights,' you just need to go out and kill a bunch of stuff" Ted Nugent
RaptorRiderTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #26
Crowd Control

Premium Member

It would be difficult to blow your motor with the boondockers system. Its not a pure "wet shot" like some nitrous systems. Its a fog that heats the nitrous by the time it hits your motor thus gretaly reducing the chances of damage.
The guys at Boondockers said that they have only heard of one four stroke blowing due to the nitrous kit and it was installed wrong and the guy rode it on nitrous until it died.

Go to www.boondockers.com and they can give you more details on the system. I am very pleased with it thus far.

'04 raptor red / white full Yoshi pipe GYTR jet kit 160/165 K&n with outerwear (wifes ride)
Old 10-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #27

View Lowbowtie's Photo Gallery(0)

Petedog, Does this kit also inject fuel into the airfilter also? I don't have that much Exsp. with NOS but I do know if you use too much with out added fuel bad things happen. Could you explain a little for us not in the Know.
Lowbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:45 AM   #28
Crowd Control

Premium Member

It aspirates a mist of NOS into the backside of the air filter like a fog. Thats the only way the Nos gets into the motor. I alos run 105 octane race fuel as recommended by Boondockers. It is not a true "wet shot" like some nitrous systems. By having the NOS mist into the air intake through the air filter it has time to warm up a little before it hits the motor thus reducing the risk of damage. I hope this helps.
You can also go to www.Boondockers.com for more details or even give them a call. They are very easy to talk to.

Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #29

View Lowbowtie's Photo Gallery(0)

Thanks Pete
Lowbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:23 PM   #30

View Asher's Photo Gallery(0)

the kit from boondockers is a dry fogger setup or wet? if its dry did you have to alter your jetting?
Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #31
Crowd Control

Premium Member

I am already rejetted to 160/165 bfeore I installed the nitrous kit. They do recommend that you run a little rich. They also said to run a higher Octane gas. I run 101 octane race gas when I plan on using the nitrous which is only when I sand drag or hillshoot.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:10 PM   #32

View wilkin250r's Photo Gallery(0)

Here's a little explanation about the Boondockers system, for those that have questions.

You are absolutely right, you cannot just inject pure Nitrous Oxide, because your bike would lean out and possibly burn your piston. You NEED to inject fuel with it. Ordinarily, this means separate fuel and nitrous solenoids, as well as a dedicated fuel pump, and separate jets for each to control your mixture.

The Boondocker system found a clever way around this. The nitrous manifold has a line to the carburetor vents. These vents go directly to the float bowl to keep the bowl at normal pressure. When you are just riding around, nothing changes. However, when you hit the nitrous button, the Boondocker system pressurizes the float bowl through these vents. By increasing the pressure in the float bowl, you greatly increase the amount of fuel flow into your intake. THIS is how the boondocker system gets its extra fuel. By doing it through the float bowl, the boondocker system eliminates the need for a separate fuel solenoid and fuel pump. Also, by doing it this way, it automatically accounts for fluctuations in bottle pressure, which can be a real problem in normal "wet" systems with separate fuel/nitrous components.
wilkin250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:40 PM   #33

View NitrousGuy's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Wall Street
Nitrous Rules!
Awwwwwwww.
I like you too

"The Lord Helps Me, So I Will Not Be Ashamed. I Will Be Determined. And I Know I Will Not Be Disgraced" ~ Isaiah 50:7

" And What We Have Is Much More Than They Can See" ~ DeLaSoul
NitrousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #34

Quote: Originally Posted by petedog9
I am already rejetted to 160/165 bfeore I installed the nitrous kit. They do recommend that you run a little rich. They also said to run a higher Octane gas. I run 101 octane race gas when I plan on using the nitrous which is only when I sand drag or hillshoot.
ok i knew about the leaning out the bike if more fuel wasnt supplied and all just didnt know exactly how there kit worked, i was wondering why people where saying there is no need to rejet and no need for an aux. fuel pump or selinoids or anything, thanks for clearing all that up
Old 09-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #35

View lomofo18's Photo Gallery(0)

i see that you have a k&n filter that fits like the factory...how do you keep it in the box without the lid?
stage 1 hotcams
full port & polish
pro design k&n filter w/ outerwears
lomofo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 01:54 PM   #36

View NateDiggity's Photo Gallery(0)

Yeah, i was wondering about the lid also

If you wanted to, could the factory lid be put back on. I ride in a lot of water during the winter and dont want to run without a lid
NateDiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 05:14 PM   #37

anyone intrested in this kit its going for a price you cant beat

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewt...999&highlight=
Old 09-18-2004, 02:03 AM   #38

View DoubleR's Photo Gallery(0)

This is the way i had my nitrous set up

I like the boondockers for the simplicity of the install as to the 1 i was running on my 727.I installed one on my friends raptor and it was so much easier than mine much more detailed instructions and the fact that you add the fogger at the end of the filter.Also that you didnt have to run the fuel pump.But i dont got no complaints to the one i was running just a bit more plumbing to do.

NOS is the shiznitto biznit for shizzle when installed properly
Old 09-21-2004, 09:19 AM   #39

View KKRaptor's Photo Gallery(0)

how good is the seal between the nos manifold and the filter...my concern is could sand/dirt possibly get in there...or not?
KKRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #40

View RaptoR RaceR's Photo Gallery(0)

i have a raptor that ride in all sorta of conditions. open trail, tight trail, sand pits, open feilds, almost everything. also i like to drag race with my friends. would i be able to set my raptor up so that it would run the way it does now and then make it fly crazily at the push of a button? or do u have to run it wicked rich. i mean i dont wana do it if its just not practicle but if it can be sumthign that i just pull out for a rainy day that would be cool. is this posssible?
to much to list
96 Banshee
to much to list
RaptoR RaceR is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM660R Raptor (2001-2005)

Search tags for this page

yfz 450 nitrous kit

yfz 450 nos kit

boondocker nitrous raptor 660

yfz 450 under seat nitrous bottle

boondocker kit for a yfz 450

max hp nitrous raptor

raptor 700 nitrous

raptor 700 boondocker

nos kit for yfz450

boondocks nos kit
fogger install into airbox
boondockers nitrous system
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.