Blue Traxx Forum banner

04 warrior 350 missing bogging 1/4 throttle help

5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Thomascoe123 
#1 ·
Hey all, I recently got a warrior has dg exhaust k and n filter with no air box lid, new intake boot 155 main jet aftermarket needle almost full rich and 45 pilot. Cannot figure out why it is bogging at 1/4 throttle it runs great in all other throttle positions. Taken the carb apart many times and have tried to figure it out on my own I have been doing this for awhile so some with any insight please help!

#2 ·
your needle should never be full rich (i assume you mean the clip is on the bottom notch) so move it to the middle. does it bog when you stab the throttle or miss when it is running in the pilot circuit? did you soak the carb body and blow air through all of the openings? did you poke any wires or drill bits in the holes to "clean" them. what color is the plug after running? what is your elevation? was the cup and spring good on the accelerator pump? what happens if you put the air box lid back on.

#3 ·
Elevation is below 5000 live in tenn. I have taken the carb off today and cleaned it for the first time and blew out all hole with shop air. Can't put lid back on because I had to cut it. And I have moved the clip to the middle position. If I stab the throttle in neutral it revs up fine. And it had a little of a hanging idle. Accl. Pump seems to be operating normal so when I get home and put freshly cleaned carb on hopefully I had some sort of blockage.thanks

#4 ·
if it is a bogging issue when you stab the throttle a stiffer spring on the accelerator pump can help. i did the mod on all 3 of mine and it was better. the bore and stroke of that machine does not lend it self to a snappy throttle response like the yfz or raptors so even when perfect they will hesitate some when you punch it from the pilot circuit. to explain my earlier comment about the needle if you are at one extreme or the other you need to jet up or down to bring the clip to the middle so in your case that would mean you would need a bigger pilot. however i think you had a dirty carb unless you are mostly under 2500 feet that should be a good pilot. in regards to the lid, if you are still struggling with jetting just use something to restrict the air so it is similar to the factory lid. if it run better with the simulated lid you are to lean if it is worse you are likely to rich. but again my bet is on a plugged pilot circuit. good luck

#7 ·
Ok so got it together clip in middLe and it got worse.from 1/4 to 3/4 spudders like crazy I change the spark plug and it was black and dry. And have a 155 main and 45 pilot 2 turns out on mixture screw, confused now to lean or to rich. Should I put back the stock needle the dynojet needle is a little shorter than the stock one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.