Blue Traxx Forum banner

89 YFM350 No Electric

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  cory52000 
#1 ·
My dad gave me his 89 Warrior, but last time it ran it was charged on the battery charger with the leads attached backwards AND charger set to 50 amps.

I have no power whatsoever throughout the entire unit. Checked main ground to motor and that's fine, but not really sure what else (or how) to check next. Replaced starter solenoid with brand new one, replaced key switch with brand new one.

I watched a few videos online and everyone said that even if it won't turn over, you should hear the solenoid click, but mine doesn't.

I suspect the stator to be the issue, but any other recommendations or help before I replace that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 ·
there is a small red wire attached to the big red wire coming off of the battery. find it and follow it to the harness. some where that wire should be a fuse holder with a 15 amp fuse. i suspect it is blown. 99 percent of the time no electric is caused by that fuse. if the fuse is good the next thing to check is the harness you may have melted something and will need to rule that out before continuing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.