Blue Traxx Forum banner

Jetting? Where did I go wrong?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Pellethuntr 
#1 ·
Ok, so I got a new intake boot for the warrior and a jet kit. I put the new boot on and put a 150 jet in it. The old jet looked to have 148 on it but it was hard to read. At higher RPMs it still breaks up/spits/sputters. Whenever I let off and just coast, it seems like it's still getting gas and pulling a little bit almost like the throttle is being pushed lightly. Is the 150 too big, giving it to much fuel? Should I go to the 148 and see if it still breaks up with the new intake boot? From what I know, it's stock with a big gun exhaust.

#4 ·
If that's the case then the 150 is/was too big of a jet. You can run it with the lid off as long as you clean the filter often. You might notice some small performance gains from being able to effectively burn that extra fuel. The reason it runs better is because the carb is able to draw more air to mix with all that extra fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.