Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Warrior acceleration issues

This is a discussion on Warrior acceleration issues within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; I bought my 1991 warrior with bad rings or so I was told. I ran it this winter smokin like a train. come early spring ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #1

View Wnorth's Photo Gallery(0)
sad Warrior acceleration issues

I bought my 1991 warrior with bad rings or so I was told. I ran it this winter smokin like a train. come early spring I tore it down to find a keeper ring had come lose on the wrist pin causing the piston to chatter. There were deep half moon groves cut into the top and bottom of the cylinder wall. Cost effectiveness led me to have the can bored 40 over and buy a new wisco prolite piston w/rings. Well here is the delema even with the smoking the bike ran fine. Post repair It will idle perfectly. But when you hit the throttle it bogs holds there then dies. I have:
-checked and double checked the timing
-cleaned , cleaned, and cleaned the carb.
-bypassed the parking brake safety rev limiter switch.
-checked my compression which is at 145#

I thoought maybe it was draining the bowl but as soon as it dies i can hit the start button and it fires right back up.

I am a 20 holder of an automotive mechanics ASE certification and this 4 wheeler is making me crazy. please help me
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #2

View 1998yamahawarrior's Photo Gallery(3)

Have you rejetted it?
1999 Warrior Lonestar +2 a arms, swinger, Durablue +2+4, Renthal bars,sprockets, ITP beadlocks, Trail Tech lights, DG skids, nerfs, bumper, PRM wide grab, Spider grips, CFM airbox, Uni, clutch cover cooler, Big Gun exhaust, Works Black Widow fronts
1998yamahawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #3

View cupofjoe_84's Photo Gallery(0)

I was going to say the same thing. I bet you need different jets. You can only change the pilot jet, main jet, and move clip on needle jet. You are running rich or lean I bet. Best way to find out is to look at plug. Black is rich, white is lean.
cupofjoe_84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Tags
acceleration, bogging, warrior

Search tags for this page

yamaha warrior acceleration

four wheeler accelaration issues

warrior 350 acceleration limit

yamaha warrior acceleration problems

1991 warrior motor problems

warrior 350 acceleration

yamaha warrior 350 stalls when accelerating
yamah electric 350 throttle problem
polaris 4 wheeler will idel but will die out when you hit the throdle
2011 350 grizzly acceleration problems
yamaha warrior 350 cuts out while accelerating
does a 1991 yamaha warrior have a rev limiter
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.