Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

97 warrior jetting ?, revivng issues

This is a discussion on 97 warrior jetting ?, revivng issues within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; ok, my warrior is bored out and has a white bros exhaust(with an exhaust leak) and runs great without an air filter on it but ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #1

View 350rider09's Photo Gallery(0)
very pissed 97 warrior jetting ?, revivng issues

ok, my warrior is bored out and has a white bros exhaust(with an exhaust leak) and runs great without an air filter on it but when i put it on (k&n), it will not rev above mid range, i have messed around with the air/fuel screw but nothing changed. I have never jetted the carb and i assume it still has the oem jets in it. i was told by cycle city that with the upgrades i have, if i dont rejet my carb, ill blow my engine up. My ?s are is that true and do you think if i do rejet it, it will fix my reving problem?

Thanks
350rider09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #2

View bomber315's Photo Gallery(0)

first off you should fix your exhaust leak, there is no sense in trying to rejet something you already know is wrong.... after thats solved then we can start worrying about other stuff
bomber315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #3

i just heard that the exhaust and the new air filter will make it run really lean and blow the motor and i just got this from another guy so idk how long hes been ridin like this. but i am gonna try to fix the leak asap but is it ok to ride right now?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #4

View cleansho93's Photo Gallery(0)

Where is your exhaust leak and how bad? And no I would not ride it if it wont rev past mid-range. You really need to take the time to figure out why it is running this way and not ride it before you do some damage. Sounds like it is in the carb but could be something related to the valves/timing also. The pipe and filter will definitely make the bike run lean if it still has stock jetting.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote: Originally Posted by cleansho93 View Post
Where is your exhaust leak and how bad? And no I would not ride it if it wont rev past mid-range. You really need to take the time to figure out why it is running this way and not ride it before you do some damage. Sounds like it is in the carb but could be something related to the valves/timing also. The pipe and filter will definitely make the bike run lean if it still has stock jetting.
the thing is, it only stops at mid range if i have the adapter on the air filter, but if i take the adapter off and set the filter in there (it doesnt seat all the way) it runs great, except the lean part. i have a new adapter coming in the next two days so hoping to solve the revving issue, is it very hard to rejet a carb?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #6

o and the leak is pretty bad
Old 07-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #7

its not too hard to rejet... but im not going to say it isnt a pain in the ass either... after you do it about 10 times you start to get pretty good at taking the carb off and putting it back on .... is there a clamp where the head pipe and the exhaust meet? if not find a good one and put it on there....
Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote: Originally Posted by bomber315 View Post
its not too hard to rejet... but im not going to say it isnt a pain in the ass either... after you do it about 10 times you start to get pretty good at taking the carb off and putting it back on .... is there a clamp where the head pipe and the exhaust meet? if not find a good one and put it on there....
yeah, lol im a pro at that already, do i have to go to a dealer to get the jets or is there a good place online? there is one but the problem is that the exhaust pipe the guy bought for it is about an inch and a half too short and the pipe it just barely on the head pipe, its like 4 half inch long holes around the pipe, but i think im gonna tig weld that tho bc if i decide i want another exhaust later, im gonna wanna replace the head pipe anyways
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #9

hmmm must not be made for a warrior??.... got any pictures? i would try not to do anything that is not "undo-able" maybe try to get a piece of tin (like a pop can) and clamp it on both sides.... thats kinda riggin it but i would think its better than welding it.... i havent made it as far as actually buying jets but from what i've seen the dealers want like $20 for a pilot jet... i told mine to get bent.... the aftermarket makes jet kits that cost something like $60 and you get a variety of jets... also from what i've heard you have to run the needle they provide with thier main jets, i guess the stock needle doesnt work right with the aftermarket mains..... get that exhaust fixed and let us know how it runs first....
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #10

hmmm must not be made for a warrior??.... got any pictures? i would try not to do anything that is not "undo-able" maybe try to get a piece of tin (like a pop can) and clamp it on both sides.... thats kinda riggin it but i would think its better than welding it.... i havent made it as far as actually buying jets but from what i've seen the dealers want like $20 for a pilot jet... i told mine to get bent.... the aftermarket makes jet kits that cost something like $60 and you get a variety of jets... also from what i've heard you have to run the needle they provide with thier main jets, i guess the stock needle doesnt work right with the aftermarket mains..... get that exhaust fixed and let us know how it runs first....
probubly not, i can take one bt my camera isnt here right now, ill try and get one by the end of the day, thanks for the advice, i might try that can one.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #11

the reason i asked for a picture is because i have a e series that fits right up... and i (with any luck) will be going down the rejetting road here in the next week.... unforunatly mine also has the weisco 10.25:1 piston and ricks hot shot cdi so even our jetting specs probably wont be the same
Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #12

the reason i asked for a picture is because i have a e series that fits right up... and i (with any luck) will be going down the rejetting road here in the next week.... unforunatly mine also has the weisco 10.25:1 piston and ricks hot shot cdi so even our jetting specs probably wont be the same
i did the can thing and its a good bit better but still leaks a little. wow thatd be good, mine has a wiesco piston too but its a .060 oversize, and mine doesnt have a rev limiter. but yeah thanx for the can idea and plz let me know how the jetting goes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Search tags for this page

yamaha warrior jetting

yamaha warrior carb jetting

warrior jetting
yamaha warrior 350 jetting
warrior 350 jetting specs
jetting a yamaha warrior
yamaha warrior 350 jetting specs
350 warrior carb jetting
warrior 350 carb jetting
how to take jets out of a 2004 warrior carburetor
yamaha warrior 350 jetting problem
350 warrior jetting
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.