Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

warrior swingarm question

This is a discussion on warrior swingarm question within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; I'm trying totake off the swingarm on my 99 warrior 350 for the main bolt that bolts through the frame after taking the nut off ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #1

View swansteve3's Photo Gallery(0)
Default warrior swingarm question

I'm trying totake off the swingarm on my 99 warrior 350 for the main bolt that bolts through the frame after taking the nut off should i just be able to pound it through and out the other side or is there a trick to it. thanks steve
swansteve3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #2

View lowgmc796's Photo Gallery(0)

i had same problem the bolt is seized to the coller between the bearings, i pounded the bolt nut side with nut on till end of threads so nut will come off after u get it to pound toward frame, hadto beat it hard with big hammer. then cut headof bolt off then as close to frame witout hitting it, grinder is what i used then pounded with another bolt old one i had around that is same as one u cut to use to pound it back to cut other side. then kept punding back and forth then drilled one side of bolt so the wall of the old bolt is thin, u need to pound bolt over enough so one side of swingarm will almost come out but line back up and tap bolt in enough to keep swingarm straight and then drill the side that is sticking out or level with frame, start small drill and just 1-2 inches in is far enough when drilling, keep going up till almost no bolt wall, there is hole in centre of bolt so no guessing center start a little bigger then hole and drill slow with oil or u will burn up bits. when drilled tap bolt back till swingarm drops and u should be able to bend end of bolt still in frame, twist and shake it and a bar should get it, but dont give up i had to do it on 2001, shop would of charged alot, if u have torches and good it would take no time, but then i ordered a bolt, nut, and coller, also roller for chain, saved everything else. or put nut on and leve it but just going to get worse i started throwing my chain and it broke my engine around front sprocket so when i got that fixed i did not care what it took but had bearings and was changing, but u just use alot of antisieze on everything when u put together, better then grease. but clean off threads and locktight when nut goes on. good luck and will be worth it in the end. if anyone has better idea it would help alot of people but i did this and know it can be done, need to remove axle and lower shock arm to do this
lowgmc796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #3

also once swingarm out u will see the coller and all it will come out but the coller is reason why it goes so far and thats it
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #4

i've been pounding on it with a 4 pound sledge hammer for a while now i can't get it to bugde at all but if i get it to move i'll give your idea a try.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #5

i put a propane torch on the bolt to heat as much as possible u have to crush colleror destroy old bearing but dont worrie about damaging swingarm it will be fine but i really pounded it thought i was going to break something but just damaged the parts u are replacing dont ccut bolts till u get them moving back and forth enough to get the side with the nut in as far as u can once u get it moving enough cut a bit off with nut side out as far as it will go then pound it back and she should drop on one side will check later to see your progress but beat on her just put wood or something to protect sprocket or something u might hit by mistake because i was just swinging for dear life lol
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #6

View Mud1's Photo Gallery(0)

If all else fails slip a sawzall blade in between the frame and swing arm, you should be able to cut it off. I had to do this after the bolt was seized solid.
Mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #7

View clnvrtx's Photo Gallery(2)

they all tend to do this i had to tourch mine out and use a sawzall.. be sure to get the old bearings all the way out if u torch them they will melt to the inside of the swingarm causing further problems
clnvrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #8

I was finally able to get mine out using a sawzall and drilling out the other end thanks for the help now just waiting on the new bolt to come in.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #9

it is not just bolt there is a coller that bolt goes through u need it it holds bearings from moving
Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #10

yeah i know i had already ordered the collar by mistake when i ordered the bearings and seals so i just need the bolt now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Search tags for this page

how to get a stuck swingarm bolt out of a yamaha warrior

yamaha warrior swing arm bearings

98 warrior swing arm

how to remove a yamaha warrior 350 swing arm bolt
change swing arm bearings warrior
02 warrior 350 swing arm bolt seized
yamaha warrior 350 swing arm bolt
how to replace a swing arm bushings on a 98 warrior
how to swing arm off a yamaha warrior 350
swing arm bearings yamaha warrior
warrior 350 swingarm holes near bearings
how to remove swing arm bolt 350 warrior
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.