Quote: Originally Posted by Robby
ya i found that out the hard way my self .on the 87 that i am rebuilding for my son
Well I got a torch with a bottle of Map gas and 3 out of the 4 came off easily after heating to the point of the boots catching fire. The 4th was much tougher and I had to keep heating it until it was in flames.
And that was with the flame held on the back of the ball joints away from the rubber boot.
But my will prevailed and I got them all out. during the process I realized that I had a couple bad bushings in the A-Arms so I figured I might as well do it right while I have them off and order new bushings too. It was mainly one upper arm that had bad bushings but it's better to wait a week for the new bushings than put it back together and then have to pull it apart again later.
I am jonesin' to get this thing back together. I will post pics as soon as I get it together. It's really pretty good looking compared to the original red. I just hope the paint sticks for a while. I cleaned that frame as much as I could and primed and painted it in good even coats. Crossign my fingers. Of course, touch up is easy with a color like black.