Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Carb settings

This is a discussion on Carb settings within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; Ok, I have a 150 main, Stock pilot, needel is set in the middle, when I start my wheeler is idols ok for a second ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #1

View Warrior King's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Carb settings

Ok, I have a 150 main, Stock pilot, needel is set in the middle, when I start my wheeler is idols ok for a second and as soon as I give it gas it dies, whats my problem?

My air screw was 4 turns out? Is stock 2? I am going to set it around 2 1/4 and hope it works

What else should I look for, I took my bowl off and the floats arent sticking or any thing, accelerator pump is working perfect....

I do know its cranking over now, that makes me very happy :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Old 07-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #2

View warrior91's Photo Gallery(0)

crap in jet perhaps, and yes 2- 2 1/4 turns would be good starting point...
How about air filter? is there any restriction or obstruction?
Handmade aluminum skid, rear skid, stainless front bumper, reinforced frame, 1.25" tube rear frame section,
warrior91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #3

View ucfwarrior's Photo Gallery(0)

Well since you've got a larger main jet and I guess you've got some engine mods you will probably also need to go up on the pilot jet. Is it hard starting, or does it fire right up when its cold? Since your fuel screw was so many turns out it might be a good idea to go up a size based on that.

You're really supposed to jet down (main jet, needle, then pilot) since the main jet will affect the other circuits. Right now though, you need to figure out what is causing it to stall. Could be too much gas, could be too little, timing could be off, spark could be too weak and combustion pressure is blowing it out (check spark gap to be sure). Lots of things, just eliminate them one by one and you'll figure it out.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #4

Oh deer

Well I had enough, So I took the carb off and brougth it into my room (no vents in here...it was fun lol) any ways, wow...how do things like this happen to me? My accelerator pump had a slight bend and it was catching on the little rubber gasket and causing it to stick, fixed that.

My needel feel out of the slide....how can that happen? stuck that back in....then the slide wasent closing right....I was like what the hell, checked the spring...one side of the springs clip had come off....fixed that.. and yes now I am good

But before solving all of this I draned my week batery...so... oh well all will be good soon
Old 07-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Crowd Control

Premium Member
View diggerzmound's Photo Gallery(14)

An immobile accelerator pump will make it fall on its face...
94' Banshee T-5's, Vforce, ported, Cool Head, 2-1
06' Wolverine - Stock!
06' Rhino 450
06' LTZ 440
94' Vmax4 750, 96' 600 MountainMax
diggerzmound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #6

Quote: Originally Posted by diggerzmound
An immobile accelerator pump will make it fall on its face...
I guess its been like that for ever, This winter I took it apart for the first time besides jetting and I actulyl foudn out what every thing did....well it was cacked and wouldnt move, I always thought it was some stop or something, because with it stuck (it was stuck up) when i gave it gas, right where it would normaly push the pump down it would get harder to push the throtel, I thought it was some kinda stupid race thing to know where you where on the gas? I just never thought any thing of it

But yah, big change since I fixed that, Now I just need some electricity and I am good to go

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Search tags for this page

raptor 80 carb settings

yfm 80 carburetor adjustment

yamaha grizzly 80 carburetor adjustment

raptor 80 carb adjustment
yamaha raptor 80 carburetor adjustment
2005 yamaha raptor 80 carburetor adjustment
yamaha carburetor settings
factory carb settings on a yamaha blaster
how to properly adjust a carburetor on a yamaha 80 grizzly
yamaha raptor 80 carburetor settings
yfm80gw yamaha carburetor adjustment
2004 yamaha grizzly 80 carb specs
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.