Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

Still cant get pivot bolt out of swingarm!!

This is a discussion on Still cant get pivot bolt out of swingarm!! within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; ok, well i know this is a usual problem on most quads. I was lucky with my tecate and my 400ex. But this warriors wont ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #1

View empty-wallet's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Still cant get pivot bolt out of swingarm!!

ok, well i know this is a usual problem on most quads. I was lucky with my tecate and my 400ex. But this warriors wont budge AT ALL.
I was out there beating the crap out of it and it wont budge. I got some PB blaster and loaded the SOB up, tried it again. Then let it soak about 1-2 hrs and hit the crap out of it...again no budge. THen i took a propane torch and heated it up pretty damn good and beat it until the nut on the end of the pivot bolt started to squash. Im out of ideas???? IM trying to part this thing out and cant get the swingarm separate from the frame. Guess last resort is to sell as a whole
Old 05-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #2

View FMFWarrior21's Photo Gallery(0)

Did you try loosening it with an impact wrench?Mine siezed up pretty good and an impact wrench loosened it right up and it popped right out.

Blingstar-nacs-fmf-twin-air-ac-kenda-durablue-moose-dynojet-renthal-RK-SRP-UPP
FMFWarrior21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #3

View WarriorRacer#13's Photo Gallery(0)

Yeah, def. try using a airgun on the other end and get it to spin. Once you get it to spin, it should come out. I know when I ot mine, I had to use a long punch and put it down in the cente rof the pivot bolt and beat the hell out of it with a 3 pound sledge, even after spinnning it. But it WILL come out...you just gotta get a bigger hammer
WarriorRacer#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #4

View 440ex4me's Photo Gallery(0)

HAve you tried a sawzall?

I had to on this one.

Sometimes you dont have any choice but to cut it out. I tried everything you did plus some others but had only one thing that worked.

Good luck and have a few extra blades since you may need them.

CHECK IT OUT !!!

Exriders.com SUKS SUKS SUKS SUKS FO to those losers and their BS "inner circle". Why be censored by a bunch of middle aged fart jack arses. FRIG EM. Any questions? :)
440ex4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:49 PM   #5

View empty-wallet's Photo Gallery(0)

the bolt will turn freely...just wont budge comming out at all

I was hoping i wouldnt have to cut the thing but i guess i dont really have a choice....also i dont have any air tools. I have access to them, but no truck to get the frame there.

It would probably come out if i could get a air chisle on there and put a punch bit on the end and just pound at it to free the rust and what not.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:12 PM   #6

View 440ex4me's Photo Gallery(0)

Pounding the damn thing with the chisel could work but most likely would just mushroom the bolt like what happens when you really pound it with a sledge hammer.

Anyhow did you get it cut out yet?

CHECK IT OUT !!!

Exriders.com SUKS SUKS SUKS SUKS FO to those losers and their BS "inner circle". Why be censored by a bunch of middle aged fart jack arses. FRIG EM. Any questions? :)
440ex4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #7

View Quad82's Photo Gallery(0)

Tourches. I don't belive you can get it ALL hot enough with a propane one. Like was said eariler, SawZal. Start on the threaded end first. you might get lucky and only have to cut the mushroom end off. If the nut squished I would bet the boly flexed a little too.
Quad82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #8

View Dirt Merchant's Photo Gallery(0)

heh had the same problem.. would spin with your fingers, but would not come out..

The bolt is inside a sleeve that gets crud and holds it in there..

Remember this "IF YOU BEAT IT HARD ENOUGH IT WILL COME OUT" We got the one out on the hybrid we are working on by way of a 50 lb maul and about 3 good hits.. pin shot out like a bullet...

By the way, throw that can of PB blaster away and invest in some KROIL, pb blaster wouldnt get this thing out, as soon as i put some kroil on it, it loosened right up... I have had hubs frozen to the axle that pb blaster and a big ass hammer wouldnt remove.. shot it with some kroil, 5 minutes later i could pull them off with my hands.. Its good stuff, but it stinks like

Jesse
Dirt Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #9

View badrider's Photo Gallery(0)

i am having the same problem. i have used 2 cans of that pb blaster stuff. and beat the hell out of it while using a impact wrench. it just dosent move. it sounds solid. but i am goin to try that kroil and see what that dose
Old 05-19-2005, 05:55 PM   #10

View warrior91's Photo Gallery(0)

have you tried moving the arm up and down while beating? This could cause the pin to move out of a groove/lip holding it back. When in doubt get a bigger hammer!
Handmade aluminum skid, rear skid, stainless front bumper, reinforced frame, 1.25" tube rear frame section,
warrior91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #11

View WarriorBoss's Photo Gallery(0)

Had the same thing happen to mine. Needle bearing get wedged in with the sleeve and bolt. Only thing that got mine out was an air hammer.

Becareful, that pivot bolt costs 20 bucks and the lock nut was 4
Stock Pipe no baffle
14-40 Gearing
22" ITP MudLites
WarriorBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:43 AM   #12

View badrider's Photo Gallery(0)

i tried moving the swing arm while hitting the bolt but didnt do nothing. this thing is starting to make me furious . just gotta get that thing out then off for paint. ill just have to get the 5 pound sledge off retirement. haha
Old 05-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #13

View jakalwarrior's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by 440ex4me
HAve you tried a sawzall?

I had to on this one.

Sometimes you dont have any choice but to cut it out. I tried everything you did plus some others but had only one thing that worked.

Good luck and have a few extra blades since you may need them.
I had to cut mine too. We spent several days on it and it got to the point that we were hitting it so hard my frame was flexing. Even after we got it out it became apparent no amount of beating would of ever gotten it apart, they were rusted together into one solid piece.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Search tags for this page

how to get a stuck swingarm bolt out of a yamaha warrior

how to get a shaft pivot bolt out of a yamaha warrior

how u get swing arm bolt out of blaster

yamaha warrior 350 swingarm bolt

how to get rear swing arm barrens out
how to cut swing arm bolt 01 yamaha warrior
remove swingarm warrior
how do i get swing arm bolt out of blaster
how to remove awing arm bolt yamaha blaster
how do i get the swingarm bolt out of my 1991 trx 250
how to take out a swing arm bolt off a yamaha warrior
2000 yamaha warrior swing arm sleeve bolt
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.