Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

need new sprockets and chain and gearing ratio

This is a discussion on need new sprockets and chain and gearing ratio within the Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present) forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; ok im really wanting to get the cool looking Generation V tri-metal from sidewinder you know the orange bad ass looking rear sprocket...and their ti-series ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #1

View yamahaQuad350's Photo Gallery(0)
Default need new sprockets and chain and gearing ratio

ok im really wanting to get the cool looking Generation V tri-metal from sidewinder you know the orange bad ass looking rear sprocket...and their ti-series chain...and some nice front sprocket...i know these are all really high ..the tri-metal i think is like 85$ and the chain is 100$ so its gonna be at least 200$ but the rear sprocket has a lifetime warenty and there supost to be the best out their does anybody have this sprocket and or chain? ..iv been looking at the pics for the tri-metal sprocket and they dont look like their gonna fit on the warrior ...

and i wont to change the ratio alittle...im never in 6th where i ride so i wont more acceleration at the cost of my top end...stock is 12/40 right? do i want 13/40 (i just wonta change my front sprockets gearing)...

ANY pics of this sprocket or chain would be awsome...thanks alot guys

Join the New Yamaha Warrior/Raptor350 Site!
www.yfm350central.com
yamahaQuad350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #2

View mxwarrioir23's Photo Gallery(0)

stock is 13 and i wanna say 35 rear but im not sure but i put a 15 upfront and she moves like a bat out of hell u should do that it makes ur lower gears bigger so can stay in like second third threew woods and most tracks with a warrior i dont htink u want to go down in the front

www.freewebs.com/dylandot
03 Z400 #11

TC racing custom built 450 motor
yoshimura ignition
guseted frame gibson pro pegs JB racing steering stem
mxr4s mx fronts on the way
soon to get the roll design lobo II kit with triple rate dual remote and piggy back rezzys
mxwarrioir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:36 AM   #3

View Ausie warior's Photo Gallery(0)

can we see pictures when your don yam?

becouse it sounds like a sweet ride
xl250 86 custom pipe, rack, bars, shocks as soft as a....................
lt80 2002
Ausie warior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 PM   #4

View yamahaQuad350's Photo Gallery(0)

Ausie warior yeah ...prob after i get the 3+ aarms, braided break lines, works duals with rezies, and sprockets/chain (around x-mas) ..posted in the badest lookin warrior post ...

i need help on the gearing...ok well im pretty sure stock rear is 40 tooth ...front is 12??right....and where i ride im never usin any where near top speed 4th hardly 5th never..6th HA! ...anyways i know what you mean buy goin to a 13-or 14 front that way the gears wind out alot longer equaling alot less shifting ....but i hate to kill my acceleration...if i went to a 11 or 10 (havnt heard of many people with that setup) but would that benifet me any or would that just cause me to shift ALL the time...take in mind that i do have 20s in the rear.....i might have to end up buying 2 diff sprockets with diffrent gearings so that i can test out what i wont...but i wonta get 1 thats diff ..so that hopefully ill like it more ...i dont wonta get sprockets and not test out my gearing options you know.....thanks alot guys ..if you have any sudgestions or have a diff gearing ratio than stock please let me know how you like yours ...(pros and cons) thanks again

Join the New Yamaha Warrior/Raptor350 Site!
www.yfm350central.com
yamahaQuad350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:16 PM   #5

View ucfwarrior's Photo Gallery(0)

Stock gearing on the front is a 13 tooth. I'm running a 15 tooth and stock rear mainly because I ride a lot of fast trails, dirt roads, basically open areas where lower gearing keeps it wound up a little more than I'd like.

I've got what I'd consider a mild setup: 10.25 .040 over wiseco, hotcam, FMF pipe, porting, K&N, heavy duty clutch, and 20 holeshot rears.

From what you've said I'd suggest a 14t front if you're never using the upper gears or if you're in tight trails. If you do go with a 15t make sure you have a good clutch or you will wear it out much faster with the taller gearing and constant use of the clutch at slower speeds.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:33 AM   #6

View Inmonodus's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by ucfwarrior
Stock gearing on the front is a 13 tooth. I'm running a 15 tooth and stock rear mainly because I ride a lot of fast trails, dirt roads, basically open areas where lower gearing keeps it wound up a little more than I'd like.

I've got what I'd consider a mild setup: 10.25 .040 over wiseco, hotcam, FMF pipe, porting, K&N, heavy duty clutch, and 20 holeshot rears.

From what
HOw does the 14" is hanging on?
02 Yamaha Warrior Blue raptor 350 now!, ebc clutch Hotcams stage 1, AC nerfs, Pro circuit T-4, header, Uni air filter, PRM Skid plate, killswitch, 22 dominator's rear, holeshots front, moose flex handlebars, +2 Elka
Inmonodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 06:09 PM   #7

View Warrior King's Photo Gallery(0)

i run 14"41, but want to go 15 really bad but my chain is to short, and i dont want to add links.

Any way, stock is 13 40, or 41, just change ur front, i had a 12 when i first bought mine and hatted it, u had to shift to much, with the 14 i can uses 1st gear, but i ride a lot of rail beds, so a lot of 6th gear, i mean a lot, so i still want to go higher
Old 11-03-2004, 08:11 PM   #8

View ucfwarrior's Photo Gallery(0)

Quote: Originally Posted by Inmonodus
HOw does the 14" is hanging on?
I'm sorry man, I know you're form Costa Rica but I don't understand what you're asking. Try to rephrase and I'll answer the best I can.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Yamaha YFM350 Raptor/Warrior ('87-Present)

Search tags for this page

best chain for yamaha warrior

what is a good sprocket gear for a yamaha warrior 350

yamaha warrior gearing

best gearing for yamaha warrior 350

warrior 350 gearing

2001 yamaha warrior gearing ratio

raptor 350 gear ratio

yamaha warrior stock gearing

best gearing yamaha warrior

best gears for warrior 350

best gear ratio for yamaga warrior
changing the rear sprocket on a yamaha warrior
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.