Blue Traxx Forum banner

need new sprockets and chain and gearing ratio

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ucfwarrior 
#1 ·
ok im really wanting to get the cool looking Generation V tri-metal from sidewinder you know the orange bad ass looking rear sprocket...and their ti-series chain...and some nice front sprocket...i know these are all really high ..the tri-metal i think is like 85$ and the chain is 100$ so its gonna be at least 200$ but the rear sprocket has a lifetime warenty and there supost to be the best out their does anybody have this sprocket and or chain? ..iv been looking at the pics for the tri-metal sprocket and they dont look like their gonna fit on the warrior :roll: :shrug: ...

and i wont to change the ratio alittle...im never in 6th where i ride so i wont more acceleration at the cost of my top end...stock is 12/40 right? do i want 13/40 (i just wonta change my front sprockets gearing)...

ANY pics of this sprocket or chain would be awsome...thanks alot guys

#2 ·
stock is 13 and i wanna say 35 rear but im not sure but i put a 15 upfront and she moves like a bat out of hell u should do that it makes ur lower gears bigger so can stay in like second third threew woods and most tracks with a warrior i dont htink u want to go down in the front

#3 ·
can we see pictures when your don yam?

becouse it sounds like a sweet ride

#4 ·
Ausie warior yeah ...prob after i get the 3+ aarms, braided break lines, works duals with rezies, and sprockets/chain (around x-mas) ..posted in the badest lookin warrior post ...

i need help on the gearing...ok well im pretty sure stock rear is 40 tooth ...front is 12??right....and where i ride im never usin any where near top speed 4th hardly 5th never..6th HA! ...anyways i know what you mean buy goin to a 13-or 14 front that way the gears wind out alot longer equaling alot less shifting ....but i hate to kill my acceleration...if i went to a 11 or 10 (havnt heard of many people with that setup) but would that benifet me any or would that just cause me to shift ALL the time...take in mind that i do have 20s in the rear.....i might have to end up buying 2 diff sprockets with diffrent gearings so that i can test out what i wont...but i wonta get 1 thats diff ..so that hopefully ill like it more ...i dont wonta get sprockets and not test out my gearing options you know.....thanks alot guys ..if you have any sudgestions or have a diff gearing ratio than stock please let me know how you like yours ...(pros and cons) thanks again

#5 ·
Stock gearing on the front is a 13 tooth. I'm running a 15 tooth and stock rear mainly because I ride a lot of fast trails, dirt roads, basically open areas where lower gearing keeps it wound up a little more than I'd like.

I've got what I'd consider a mild setup: 10.25 .040 over wiseco, hotcam, FMF pipe, porting, K&N, heavy duty clutch, and 20 holeshot rears.

From what you've said I'd suggest a 14t front if you're never using the upper gears or if you're in tight trails. If you do go with a 15t make sure you have a good clutch or you will wear it out much faster with the taller gearing and constant use of the clutch at slower speeds.

#6 ·
ucfwarrior said:
Stock gearing on the front is a 13 tooth. I'm running a 15 tooth and stock rear mainly because I ride a lot of fast trails, dirt roads, basically open areas where lower gearing keeps it wound up a little more than I'd like.

I've got what I'd consider a mild setup: 10.25 .040 over wiseco, hotcam, FMF pipe, porting, K&N, heavy duty clutch, and 20 holeshot rears.

From what
HOw does the 14" is hanging on?

#7 ·
i run 14"41, but want to go 15 really bad but my chain is to short, and i dont want to add links.

Any way, stock is 13 40, or 41, just change ur front, i had a 12 when i first bought mine and hatted it, u had to shift to much, with the 14 i can uses 1st gear, but i ride a lot of rail beds, so a lot of 6th gear, i mean a lot, so i still want to go higher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.