Blue Traxx Forum banner

98 wolverine350 only cut out at 1/4 throttle

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  cory52000 
#1 ·
My 98 wolverine 350 4x4 starts right up and idles good but when u start give it gas it take off good intill it get to about 1/4 throttle then it starts cutting out and losing power but it will start running good again past that so it only cuts out at 1/4 throttle and everything else runs great does anyone have any ideas Wat the problem might me?? Thanks

#4 ·
not likely but check for a vacuum leak, it would probably be backfiring if you had one but if it was small maybe. does it have an accelerator pump like the warriors, seems like digger might have said they don't but if it does that could be the problem. did you try adjusting the air mix screw? when you rebuilt cleaned the carb did you get the little o-ring and washer back on the air mix screw? you could try lifting the needle one notch/drop the clip to move into the main a little sooner and see if that helps. is you idle set too low, I set my warrior by ear and it was a little boggy until I turned up the idle a little. then I would rule out valve clearance and a stretched timing chain.

#5 ·
Sounds like a reverse rev limiter at that throttle.. Make sure the wires to the shifter are connected and the grounds are clean.

#8 ·
Sometimes your pilot screw adjustment can tweak this. At 1/4 throttle is whete the carb is crossing over from where the pilot curcuit is making it run to where the main jet circuit is making it run. If the pulot circuit is lean or fat it can cause the transfer to not be so smooth (i.e. Cause a stumble). Also its been a while since I was in one of these carbs but how many jets did you find? Just the main and the pilot or was there a third jet as well?

#9 ·
i also have a 99 wolverine. last year it ran great. after winter i went to start it and it just rolled over. i figured gotta clean the carb. so i changed the oil and cleaned the carb, drained the fuel and put fresh in, also a new plug. now it will start and run fine until it gets hot, which only takes about 5 mins. once it gets hot it will sometimes strt and idle but if i give it any throttle it stumbles and dies. if i give it a slow steady throttle i can get the rpms up a little then dies. i checked all the wiring and didnt find any chewed wires. i checked the stator resistance and the pick up resistance.all seem good from another post i've read. im at a loss as to what to check next. any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.