Yamaha Sport ATV Forum

cap cap hose

This is a discussion on cap cap hose within the Other Models/Brands forums, part of the Performance /Technical category; Hey Guys, Yet another question concerning the YFM200. I finally got mine running really good, however, It gave me fits a first and it turns ...

Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Other Models/Brands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #1

View croc4's Photo Gallery(0)
Default Gas cap hose

Hey Guys,

Yet another question concerning the YFM200. I finally got mine running really good, however, It gave me fits a first and it turns out the tube from the gas cap when connected prevents the engine from running properly, if I disconnect it, the engine then starts running. I have searched the web, and it seems this tube is to allow the gas to run freely, but I have not found out why it connects to the carb, most have a tube on the gas tank that dangles.

can someone let me know what this tube does exactly and why I have to leave it "open" (not connected to the gas cap ) in order to have my atv run?

Is there another issue that I need to address?

Thanks,

croc4

Last edited by croc4; 09-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.
croc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #2

View fishingstar's Photo Gallery(0)

it is a air vent
fishingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #3

View Charlie_S's Photo Gallery(0)

to give a more complete answer, the hose off the fuel cap air vents the tank so as the fuel level drops, a vacuum isnt created preventing fuel from flowing to the carb, so it sounds like somewhere the vent hose is plugged.
not being familiar with your model i'm not sure why the vent hose would run to the carb unless its an EPA thing allowing the tank to vent through a controlled atmosphere vs out into open air.
Charlie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies,

I checked the hose its clear (can blow air through it) and if I plug the end with my finger the engine dies, so it needs to be 'open', but since it was supposed to connect to the gas tank, that seems to make it into a closed type system.
So I don't understand what is going on, I have done a number of web searches to get a better idea of what is going on, but I have not found anything useful that explains it.

Croc4
Old 09-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

View Charlie_S's Photo Gallery(0)

have you checked to see if you can blow air through the tube when it's connected to the carb? I might be way off base here but i suspect as i mentioned in the previous post, its an EPA thing and by venting the tank at the carb it can draw air through the carb and thus air box for a closed system, so it would have to be a clear vent into the carb venturi at all times. On the other hand if it runs ok and the plug reads as a normal burn color, maybe plug off the carb fitting and allow the vent to freeair like the older quads do.
A quick phone call to a dealer might well clear up the issue also.
Charlie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #6

View carsonmx114's Photo Gallery(0)

Both the fuel cap and the carb have their own vent hoses. Someone has replaced yours with one long hose and connected them together. Each should be a foot or so long and not connected to anything on the other end.
carsonmx114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #7

Thanks carson, that makes sense, it must have been swapped quite some time ago because it looks 'correct', it just doesn't run connected that way

croc4
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #8

View carsonmx114's Photo Gallery(0)

Glad to help. I wonder if someone relocated your final drive vent hose to the carb and fuel cap? That would explain it appearing factory. Although I can't remember if the 200 was shaft or chain drive... Just a thought.
carsonmx114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #9

its a shaft drive, at least the one I have is

croc4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Yamaha ATV Forum > Performance /Technical > Other Models/Brands

Search tags for this page

what would make my yamaha ymf 200 get gas

does gas cap vent hose connect to anything on grizzly 350

fuel and vacuum line hook up on a 2001 yamaha warrior 350

yamaha grizzly gas cap vent tube connection

yamaha gas cap hose

yamaha 660 gas cap hose location

atv gas cap vent hose for yamaha
where does the fuel cap breather tube supposed to go on my atv
yamaha grizzly blew gas cap
yamaha 350 warrior where does the gas cap hose go to
yamaha 80grizzly bvent tube
yamaha blaster gas cap vent clogged
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.