2002 yamaha bear tracker 250??? - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

2002 yamaha bear tracker 250???

I have a 2002 yamaha bear tracker and cant seem to find out the problem.... i had the head sent out a few years ago to get rebuilt and finally found time to put it all back together after cleaning out the carb and putting everything back together i found out that it will start up great with or w/o choke cold or hot and it will idle great as well. But when i start to ride it it will start bogging out at 1/2 throttle or more and when i back off to 1/4 throttle it sometimes helps but it will also sometimes bog. It's like it cant carry any wait on it or go up hills, going down a slight hill it will go but other than that nothing. it would be great if someone could give me an idea of whats going on thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-28-2012, 05:21 PM

sounds like a problem in the carb, could be sucking air check the air box hoses to the carb. my timberwolf was doing this and it was sucking air at the hose connection to air box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode